The past

"Really, that old nickname? Fine, we made a deal after all,"

Singa went to the kitchen while the rest moved to the living room. They waited around in awkward silence since they didn't regularly meet, and the only ones who had met before were Malay, Japan, and Hong Kong.

However, even then, they have only met for a short amount of time. Phil, uncomfortable with the silence, decided to break it.

"So, Japan and Hong Kong, how did you guys meet Singa?"

They glanced at each other as Hong Kong decided to answer. "We met in high school, actually. The three of us were really popular at the time, even though we didn't know each other yet.

Japan was charismatic and outgoing, and Singa and I were silent students. However, I was athletic while Singa was the smart,"

Japan smiled. "Yeah, I remember. There were always girls watching you when you were doing your CCA,"

"CCAs?" Indo asked.

"Co-curricular activities. It was a mandatory thing at our school. I took kenjutsu, Hong Kong, took archery and soccer while Singa did debate," Japan stated.

She laughed. "Students were always watching Hong Kong when he was doing them. They would just stare from a distance, but it would be so obvious,"

Hong Kong smiled. "It was better than Singa's situation. The number of people applying for debate when Singa joined was insane.

People who actually liked debate hated to be with him because the fans, either on or against the team, would just gawk and stare at him,"

A chuckle was heard from the kitchen. Not looking at the five in the living room, Singa spoke. "It was so annoying. We were always surrounded by people.

Hong Kong and i were never the socialising type, but Japan was. In classes and breaks, she would be surrounded by girls, trying to be in her social circle. Meanwhile, during the CCAs, guys would be staring at her,"

Malay's furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, the question still hasn't been answered, though? If the three of you were popular and surrounded by people, then how did you guys meet?"

"Oh, right! Actually, I met Hong Kong because my older brother and his older brother, China, knew each other when they were in high school, so we met each other a little bit earlier before we knew Singa," explained Japan.

Hong Kong nodded. "Yeah. We met Singa because a friend of Japan made her go on a blind date with him. Since Singa and her weren't interested in dating, they ended up being friends instead,"

"Wait, really?" Indo asked, shocked. Despite having lived with Singa, he has never heard this part of his past.

"Why didn't you tell us this, Malay? I thought you grew up with Singa?" Phil asked.

Malay averted his eyes and said nothing. Singa, even in the kitchen, could sense the atmosphere, beginning to become more awkward in the living room. Luckily, he had finished his cooking.

"Guys, I'm done cooking! If you want to eat, you better come quick,"

Japan's ears pricked up instantly. 'Food. Singa. Singa's food. Chicken Rice," her brain processed it too quickly as she practically leapt from the couch to the kitchen island.