TWENTYONE

"It is apparently very hard for you people to keep him in one piece!" The roaring voice of Agnus woke him up.

His chest hurt like hell.
He was in the familiar medical area again,
still alive and well. At least, so he assumed.

He lifted his hand, that was still there.

It was actually nicely stitched up, he wondered how his chest was. He wanted to reach for it but damn, his arms were really sore?
They must have laid him weirdly to fix his injuries.

The door clattered and banged open, Agnus looking furious.

Morten opened his mouth, spoke and noted his throat was sore beyond reason too
"Heey, shouldn't you be guarding some girl?" He rasped.

"By the Lords, you are awake?" Agnus gaped at him.

"Yeah, just now?" He suggested.

"You must be hungry!" Agnus suddenly started.

Morten blinked for a moment, was he hungry?
His brain seemed to have to find contact with his body at this.
Filling him with quite a biggo hunger.

"How long have I been out? " He asked.

" Good 10 days? "Agnus answered.

Morten shot up in his bed, immediately groaning at his upper body's discomfort.
" Oh no, they didn't disqualify me!? Did they? "

Agnus looked at him with a blank face for a moment then started laughing a deep howl of a laugh.

" Really!? That's your concern? " He chuckled.

Morten didn't know what to say, he didn't want four to be stuck with Roran was all.

" You took a knife to the chest for one of the five. I don't think any of us has ever been as certain of a position at the court as you are " Agnus said.

" Well, good to know y'all haven't been married off while I was out "

Agnus's face turned serious, "no, they basically put everything on hold and are making a big show of pretending to investigate what happened."

"What... did happen? " Asked Morten

Agnus explained, looking troubled.
It turned out the Sand was the son of a family that had struggled for the last few years and together with several other families in the same position? He had been send to kill the One and legalize slavery or at least avenge his 'people'.

" I'd like to say he came in under a fake name or something, but they knew exactly who he was, his family's past and their current struggles. And it's confusing to say the least. " Agnus said, rubbing his hands.

" At least we know why he didn't want to look at Kur at all... " Morten shrugged, wincing at his body for doing so.

Agnus nodded, " Or actually participate in any interaction with the five. "

" Oh! He's awake! " Came a loud voice behind Agnus.

A lady had entered and seem to immediately ran back out again.

Agnus sighed, "I'm going to make sure they get you some food."

~

He had apparently had the smallest puncture in his lung.
Nothing else, he had been able to stop the blade after all which seemed lucky.

Between his hand, lung hole, cat injuries and leg arrow?

He had never collected this many injuries in such a short time.
He ate, when food arrived.
He ate like he never had before until Agnus pointed out he wanted to be careful on his empty stomach.
He didn't regret listening to him, as he actually stumbled out of bed 5 minutes later.
He felt like a moose, standing for the first time after birth.

10 days?
Felt more like 10 weeks.

He clumsily moved towards the area made to relieve one self where he spend sometime litteraly poisoning the medical wing.

He wondered if feces could go bad inside a body?
Like food? Had his body not had any bowl movement?

He suddenly wondered why he hadn't woken up earlier.

Walking back was a ton better, blood flow had returned to his legs and his muscles seem quite happy to be moving again. Maybe dumping the poison helped too?

He stepped back into the room, asking if they had given him something to stay asleep but he was suddenly overwhelmed.
Four and about 3 council members stood near his empty bed.
Agnus sitting in the chair next to it, talking to four.

Probably asking about five? He thought.

Then Four spotted him.
And he realized he was about as dressed as the average plant as they made eye contact.
His brain did a stupid jolt,
presented him with a perfect image of how she smiled.
Wrinkling her nose, squinting her eyes and slightly twitching her lips.

After which it started screaming loudly she kissed him last time, conjuring up that recording.
Of her brushing up against him, kissing him which turned into her upper cutting the crap out of the Sand that sprayed blood everywhere. And some unconscious part of him roared in enthusiasm.

He shook his head. What the hell, chill.

Before he could truly get a grip on his brain dancing some weird tango around his calls for order though..
She embraced his midsection.

Well that did it, his right chest muscle screamed displeasure.
As did his arms that tried to help his body balance with this extra person putting pressure and weight on it and he was right back to feeling like a new born moose calf.

She pushed off him, almost making him fall but he could hide it well enough.

"You are an absolute idiot!" She growled.

What happened to the enthusiasm? He thought.
"Well, I couldn't have let him stab you in the face? Could I?"

She flailed her arms in an exasperated way, rolling her eyes,
"you had 20 better options then letting him dead ass stick you in the chest!"

Had he?
Probably.

But at that moment it hadn't occurred to him.
He shrugged, wincing at his body disliking that movement.
"I'm sorry, I was busier trying to keep him away from you. I'm just happy you returned the favor when you did." He said.

Her pissed off expression softened.

"It was a great hit, knuckles?" He asked, actually having been curious.

She nodded, "hidden as jewelry on my person."

That made him smile, he had thought as much.

" High councilor, we do really need to get him back to bed. " A women said behind her.

" Yes, you should also stop standing so close. I might kill you by smell alone. "
Morten smiled apologetic.