Chapter 1 - Can we come back from it?

(commentators speaking will be in italics)

"Well, here we are at the end of the 2022-2023 season with the final match being played tonight to see just who, the UEFA Women's Champion League winners are for this season."

"Yes, this should be one very exciting match today. Both Barcelona and Wolfsburg are strong teams and have proven that throughout the season. This really will test them and push many of the players today to be at their absolute best."

"That rights. Many people are expecting this match to be quite the show. As we can see today many Barcelona supporters here to hopefully cheer them on to victory while many Wolfsburg supporters as well."

Waiting in the tunnel to walk out wasn't something I have always enjoyed. The nerves build up inside you, just getting to the point where you want the game to just start already. But for some reason today I wasn't feeling that. Instead, I felt proud and excited to play in the finals for Barcelona for the first time. I know Chelsea was an amazing club and I had such a great time there but something about Barca made it so much more. I mean almost every kid dreamt about playing for them.

Walking out wearing the jersey with my number, number 18, felt like an absolute dream. Hearing the crowd cheering or well should I say screaming as the teams walk on is truly something special. As we sang the champions league anthem, shaked the Wolfsburg players hands and get into position I feel the nerves start to hit me more. This is really happening.

As we walk to our positions, the match starting in only a couple of seconds, my nerves start to settle, confidence taking over. As everyone stands up yet again, I look around taking in the crowd, the players we are versing and my teammates, we've all got our game faces on cheering each other. We all know there is only one thing on our minds.

"And so the players are ready. Its Barcelona with the first kick in the Women's Champions League final. Wolfsburg two-time winners today look to win but Barcelona are already onto a strong start pushing near the Wolfsburg goal."

"Barcelona has been looking very strong recently with having both Alexia Putellas and Arabella Botero being powerhouses throughout the season helping score many important goals. Surprisingly though Jonathan hasn't put Alexia on the starting eleven. I wonder what that will cause."

"Barcelona already looking strong, going for a goal but entry was denied."

Its not even a minute in and we are already making chances. We've been able so far to keep the ball in their half a lot but I mean its only the start of the game there is still so much left to do.

"And its Wolfsburg with the first goal at only 3 minutes. They've taken Barcelona completely by surprise. This doesn't look like a good start for that team!"

Crap.

That's what we all thought at that moment. None of us saw that coming. I looked around at the others, we were trying to cheer each other on but we already felt down. It wasn't supposed to start this way.

"Free kick awarded to Barca as Paralluelo has been taken down. First yellow card given out at the 21st minute."

"And its Alexandra Popp with a second goal for Wolfsburg in the 37th minute at the UEFA Women's Champions League Finals! What's happening with Barcelona, they haven't been able to find the back of the net just yet!"

Watching the players kick the ball down our end of the field wasn't good. Especially when they got into the penalty area. Being a forward I wasn't down there too much but from what I saw from the half way line was something I didn't want to see again.

They scored, of course they did and we couldn't stop them.

We kept going, trying to make opportunities, but soon enough half time was called, something the whole team needed to be able to talk about what to work on in the next half.

While we walked of the pitch I was talking with both Keira and Lucy discussing what we've been doing wrong in the first half. I barely touched the ball, we kept it so close in the middle of the field, where we lost it the most. From the corner of my eye I saw Alexia. As I turned my head to her she looked away shaking her head. Gosh, what is with her I'm trying my best here but she's not making it any better.

As we walked back out for the second half, I felt a rush of excitement in me. I knew we could do this we just had to focus on everything we practiced continuously.

(792 words)

A/N

heyy everyone,

so chapter 1 is out I hope you enjoyed it. Chapter will either be out tuesday or by the lastest thursday arvo. don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it!!!

cya soon :)