Chapter 2 - We are the champions... well almost

(pretend its rolfö and bella)

"Second half is under way now, lets see if Barcelona can make a comeback or if Wolfsburg has done enough to win it."

It was only around the 46th minute when Aitana sent me the ball back. I made a quick look around, no one was free, great it was all on me. I shot the ball as hard as I could but their goalie was able to catch it. I mean, at least I was close right?

"Arabella Botero who fired from a range had quite a good opportunity there just wasn't able to get it past."

"Nasty tackle to Popp buts she back up. Barcelona again travelling towards the Wolfsburg goal looking for the back of the net. Oh look here come Barca. Graham Hanson weaves through the defenders, she sends a cross to Arabella. AND ITS ARABELLA BOTERO PUTTING BARCELONA BACK IN THE GAME NOW 1-2!"

All I remember seeing was Hanson with the ball crossing it to the middle towards me. I take no chances other than putting my left foot forward and kicking the ball to the left of the net.

As soon as its in their all jumping on top of me and Hanson. The crowds going wild. We're back in it, we can win it I know we can.

Not even two minutes later I'm running down the left watching as the ball is making it's way towards the goal. Aitana crosses the ball in to the middle hoping to catch Paralluelo's head but she misses, but thankfully Patri is behind her. I could feel myself holding in my breath. Please, just please go in.

"It's Bonmati with the cross. AND IT GUIJARRO WITH THE GOAL FOR BARCELONA MAKING IT TIED 2-2."

Holy god we just got two goals in two minutes. Running to Patri I jumped into her arms screaming as everyone else surrounds us jumping up and down.

-------------

For a while it was just back and forth running down the field either trying to get a goal or stop the other team from scoring. At one point when I was running down the left of the field, ball at my feet near our bench one of the Wolfsburg players came out of nowhere, she completely missed the ball, instead digging her studs right into my left ankle.

As soon as I felt her studs, I tumbled to the floor screaming in pain. I clutched onto my ankle hearing the sounds of my coach and teammates yelling at the ref to give her a yellow. She certainly took her sweet time to let the medics onto the field which I must say wasn't pleasant.

As I laid down to let them look at my foot, from the corner of my eye I saw Alexia looking at me. I would've expected her to be looking at me like I've done something bad, but instead she was looking at me as if she was almost worried about what happened. As soon as she locked eyes with me she quickly looked away, so did I. Well I kinda had to cause they started to put numbing spray on and helping me get back up to continue the game.

"Tackle on number 18, Arabella causing her to go down clutching her left foot, doesn't seem to be anything too serious but still yellow card awarded to the player who did it."

"She's back on having a slight limp but ready to continue playing the match."

---------------

"Sub being made by Barcelona Paralluelo off and Geyse in. Let's see how much she will be able to help in the match."

"Caldentay with the ball making her way to the middle of the field near the goal. Blocked by one of the Wolfsburg players. Wolfsburg trying to hit it away but rebounding back in front of Caldentay again. She tries shooting but the ball is taken away rolling towards Rolfö. Rolfö with the ball, she shoots, and SHE SCORES. BARCELONA IN THE LEAD AT THE 70th MINUTE."

All I could do when the ball hit the net was scream and run over to the team. We might win it. Jumping on top of everyone's back, we were all screaming in excitement. The crowd was going wild, everyone had the biggest smiles on their faces.

"Barcelona now fires into the lead in Women's Champions League final Wolfsburg not being able to clear it away."

-------------

Within the next 10 minutes we have an opportunity to shoot but the goal keeper reacts quick enough, damn. Then 2 subs for our team, I'm still on at this point running back and forth trying to help to get another goal for the girls.

As I'm walking down the left a couple minutes later, the ball was on the right side of the field so I take a moment to look at our bench. Both Ingrid and Alexia are standing ready to get subbed on. Not even 2 seconds later the ball goes out and substitution is called. I look at the sign:

18 11

This maybe the first and last time I'm actually happy to be going of for Alexia. Only because I'm so tired and let me just say that tackle still hurts to this moment.

As I come over, she puts her hand out high-fiving me, yet she can't even look at me. God I really don't get her problem with me sometimes.

Grabbing my water bottle trying to forget about my captains behaviour I sat down next to Keira both of us congratulating each other on how we played.

A/N

heyy everyone,

thank you so much for 700+ reads when this book has only just started! i know i said i would update on tuesday but i ended up being rlly busy but it has finally arrived. i might make a schedule for when i will be able to update.

Anyways i hope you guys r enjoying it so far and dont worry the celebrations come next chapter. hope your just as excited as i am!

dont  forget to vote if you enjoyes,

byeee