Flat

(Authors note: this chapter is inspired by: 

They'll like me when I'm sick- flatsound, only the opening is changed, everything is still the exact same though~

Enjoy :) 

~Tully) 

You ran your fingers over the guitar, feeling it's cool wood against your fingers as you took in the band stickers that laid themselves over the dark brown stain. Jeff took a careful step into the room- while Ben had set about elsewhere. 

"Start from the beginning"

"Toby used to play a lot- he uh, recorded you some cassettes and CDs. I'm not sure if you have them. He was really fuckin good at it" 

I hummed softly upon hearing his words, strumming my fingers over the guitar- "I'm sure I have them still, I can't see myself throwing them out. " 

"Hi"

"Yea, me neither, I just wouldn't have put it past your mom to have throw the things he gave you away- she wouldn't let him see you when you were in the hospital" 

"My name is-" 

This gained your attention, making you turn towards the boy- you watched as he flicked his bangs out his face, sitting down on Toby's still unmade bed. A reminder of him. 

"Toby Rodgers"

"He tried to see me while I was in a coma?" I asked, a bit surprised upon hearing this news. He nodded.

"I'm seventeen years old"

"Yea your mom wouldn't let him in the room though- but there was one time" he paused, grinning as he spoke. 

"I'm-"  

"We managed to sneak him in- he was a total mess after the wreck by the way- he was seeing shit like sharks in the sink and UFOs in the sky, but he had to see you man. He wouldn't stop asking to see you- he was convinced you were dead too. " 

"A musician" 

Jeff paused, allowing you to soak up the information, before he continued. 

" Ya see- Lyra died in the crash, and he was scared of you being gone too- you were all he wanted, dude wouldn't sleep till he saw you " Jeff paused to clear his throat- shifting in his spot a little. 

"Would-"

 "As soon as we got him into that room- he was by your side in seconds, he crawled up by your side and pressed his face against your chest- he was convinced you weren't alive till he was sure your heart was beating, poor fuckin kid uh- I'm not sure if you were lucid enough for that-"

"I wasn't"

"Oh" Jeff blinked, before continuing " He didn't wanna go, not after finding you alive, he really wanted to see you awake again" 

"Would you like to hear a song?"

After saying this he shifted again, his face turning red as he held back tears. He wiped them on his sleeve. 

"Hi"

"He really, really fuckin loved you, man. I don't know how else to put it. He wouldn't stop talking about how you were going to be the one he was going to marry one day. He wouldn't stop asking Lyra for you when he first met you. This is all so shit it wasn't supposed to be like this- Ben and I were meant to be his best men." he chuckled, sliding off the bed and to the floor- burying his face in his knees as his laughter turned to tears.