Everything is on Fire (And I'm the Match)

(Authors note: hey there, hope everyone's liking this so far- I wanted to wish a  merry Christmas to you all. I'm hella sick and likely going to just be updating these- these as in this story and my others if you wanted to check those things out? I'm also writing a one shot book-- oops, as I have nothing else to do c l e a r l y as per my bodies decisions. Well, without further ado- lets get you back to your regular programing- yea? 

- Tully)

"Forgive me father, I've sinned" 

Toby's words came out raspy and a bit broken as he coughed a bit- an odd dullness in his torso told him that he had for sure broken a few ribs when his body went against the roof of the cop car.

"What is your sin, child?" the priest asked nervously, Toby could hear the way the mans prayer beads rubbed on one another, the rosery giving the man little comfort to quell his anxiety as he silently prayed to whatever god, or goddess would hear him at the moment. 

Toby couldn't help but chuckle a little to himself. 

"My sin? God, the list goes on." 

"Start from the beginning. " the man offered. 

Toby thought for a moment, "The beginning?"

He sat back, taking in a shaky breath- one that his ruined body would allow for him to take before letting out a laugh, a small chuckle which turned into a coughing fit. "Alright, fine. The beginning" 

He cleared his throat- he didn't realize how exhausted he felt. "My name is" he hesitates as a realization dawns on him, before he shook it off- a familiar static crept in to give him a sense of false comfort.

"My name, is Toby. " he began, he could hear the man shifting in his seat. 

"I'm 18 years old, " Toby paused again to swallow the lump that grew in his throat. 

"I'm a musician" he paused. "I think, I cant remember. I shouldn't have been born- it was my biggest mistake. Life"

 "Those are not sins" the man said, "Your birth was but the lords will" 

Toby could've busted out laughing at this. 

"My birth was a mistake, a day in hell that should've never escaped" 

The priest went quiet as he said this. 

"Padre- I can call you that right? Padre? I'm the son of a drunken devil, birthed to a teen mother who never should've quite her job as a waitress at the edge of town to be a stay at home mother to two children, while dad went to work. You see- he was just such an amazing father, always getting drunk and beating us any chance he got. He never really did understand the value of what he had" 

Toby paused for a moment, taking in a shaking breath. 

"The first child- there was nothing wrong with her, she was planned, beautiful. A gift from your so called 'god'. I'd go as far as calling her an angel" 

He sniffed, wiping a few tears away as the priest said a small prayer. 

"Things weren't perfect, but they were happy and.." Toby trails off.

"Go on, son. Only God can judge you for your words" the priest assured, finding himself interested in what he had to say. 

"And then the devil planted his seed" 

Silence filled the room, Toby could hear nothing but his labored breathing and the priests nervous movements. 

"An unplanned baby, that came out just so, so wrong. Everything about him- was wrong" 

Remember me, My Dear (Possessive! Stalker! Ticci Toby X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें