Home Sick

(Authors Note: I'm starting to feel a bit better so I can focus a bit more now. I appreciated the comments a lot- was a little flustered for a sec, I have a hard time taking compliments, really not used to it haha. You're all really sweet. I hadn't expected any attraction if I'm being honest. I made this account when I was like- gosh 11? And my stupid pen name- god I was too obsessed with spiderman and the Simpsons. Times have changed, I've grown a lot and so has my writing. I'm glad though- I'm so happy to have given you something you enjoy, to grow along side. So please-. Sit back, and enjoy the ride now :)

Small TW: Self harm, sorta? Toby chews his fingers too much-

Your author,

Tully)

Toby stared blankly at the ground as Brian carefully pulled the hatchets from his possession and began to clean his stained fingers off with a wet rag, one stained from one too many tries at the same bullshit, repeating the same thing expecting a different outcome. He was good about repeating the cycle. A lot of things seemed to repeat, now that he thought of it.

He couldn't help but realize he was living in a constant state of Déjà vu, and consistently existing in time it's self.

Whatever that meant.

"what's on your mind, bud?" Brian asked suddenly, and Toby hummed softly to himself.

"Just remembering something" he said softly, his eyes staring blankly at Brian's hands as he helped the catatonic boy clean his nails. He was always a little shell shock after an episode- a little self care never hurt.

"Yea? You wanna tell me what it is?" The hooded man asked slowly, glancing up at him from across the make shift bench. It was nothing more than crate.

Toby looked down, staring at his bloodied hoodie as he licked his chapped lips. His head never felt more feverish- and his mouth ever so dryer than he was used to.

Dehydration is dangerous in these woods, kid.

He took in a deep breathe, each just as dry as the other- gripping his throat in a drying grasp- feeling as if he had just swallowed salt instead.

"I was with a friend. Liu" he began slowly, his eyes looking anywhere but in front of him- the idea of looking Brian in the eye felt complicated, intimidating almost. Not in the way his father was, though.

Brian gives him a nod of encouragement as he carefully wrapped some strips of band aids over his fingers, ones he had taken the liberty of cutting himself.

"We were.. Driving, talking about.. Y/n" he smiled briefly at the though of you, before frowning.

"It was calm, sweet even. I can still smell the ginger in the back seat- the cinnamon apple car freshener coming from the cool vents. Everything was fine and then it.." Toby trails off.

He looks down as his hands began to shake, his hands slipping from Brian's. "It went wrong," He squeaked. "so so wrong"

Tears began to fill his eyes as he began to twitch and tug on his hair. " He.. He hit a dog. He ran out in the road I-"

The boy cut himself off with deep breathes, doing his best to not hyperventilate as he tried to steady his head, his thoughts seemed to bounce around- jumping as much as has muscles, twitching excessively. Brian sighs, and leans forward to rub the boys shoulder, cringing internally at the feeling of his cracking bones underneath his fingertips.

Brian began to open his mouth to say something, when Tim suddenly tossed an empty can of soda at the boys head. The impact making him jump, his neck cracking loudly as he jerked his head around to try and look for where the object came from. His fingers grasped the side of his neck- as if he were in pain but Brian knew better.