Cheater, Cheater-

The girl blacked out from the static in her brain-, and the boy carefully untucked her from her covers- cradling her in his arms gently as he pulled her through the window- and away into the forest, her shoes dangled loosely from his hatchet- having tied the laces around them before hand to be sure she had a fair chance in their little game. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her- just looking at her brought back so many memories- so many thoughts, it was almost painful for him as he did this, a side of him yelling to turn around and return her to her bed, while the other side was giddy with excitement. He's played this game with others, and he was excited to play it with you.  On another hand, he was nervous- as he wasn't fully in control of himself- not with the tree man controlling him.

 As the tall man called him deeper- and deeper into the forest, his internal turmoil continued to swirl. The way the moons light shined off of her face- down to how soft and warm her body was in his arms- he hoped he could feel this familiarity again soon. He knows that he's held you just like his before, except- you weren't asleep- or the one in need of comfort-

It was him. 

He had pulled you into his arms- during a brash decision as he reached his breaking point one night- you two were merely friends then, what was the location?

Your room.  

He had crawled through your window. That's why it felt just right as he invaded your personal space earlier that night. 

What was he so distraught about? He paused his decent into the woods for a moment- adjusting your small frame in his arms. His mind was thinking- rolling thoughts around in wonder, he frowned, his grip on you tightened as he remembered why. 

He gently laid the girl down- placing her shoes by her side, he brushed her hair from her face. The same way she had to him as tears stained his face- there was a soft bruise brimming on his cheek at the time. He couldn't feel it though. His nose was bleeding- covering his lower face with blood. He could taste it and she? And she was shushing him as he held her close the same way he had on the walk there. he could faintly hear her words still- dancing in the back of his mind. 

"It's okay now Toby, you're okay- fuck him. He's just a no life alcoholic, his words mean nothing- he had no right to hit you ether"  you had said gently- a lace of anger in your voice as you wiped his bloody nose against your sleeve, smearing it against his cheek. Neither one of you had a good father. You did have each other in the moment though.

" I just- what if he's right? What if I should just kill myself? I was a mistake! Moms birth control failed and I have all these fucking issues I shouldn't exi-" you cut his depressing rant short with a kiss, one that gave him butterflies remembering. It was the first time you two had kissed, it was heated- way over do and needed. Your hands in his hair- his blood on your lips as he feverishly kissed back with desperation- his hands on your hips.  He remembers the taste of your mouth- so different than the copper he was tasting earlier. He could've sworn that it tasted sweet. His grip on you had tightened- scared of you going away. 

But you never did go away, did you?

He smirked at these memories and took to his feet- hiding behind a tree where he pulled his goggles and mouth guard onto his face- awaiting your wake, a voice in his head was still telling him. 

let.

her.

go.

~Your POV~

~dreamscape~

I giggled as I entered the Rodgers residence- Lyra and I coming back after what felt like forever at school- as we walked through the door, Mrs. Rodgers greeted me from the kitchen, a soft smile on her face as she had. "Lyra dear, would you mind running to the store with me for a moment?"