chapter-seven

The next morning didn't go as good as I expected it to be. I woke up late, but as usual I still went for my morning run.

It was painful since I never exercise. I got back home and took a shower to get all the sweat off of me. It was 9am, I had a few hours left.

After Freshening up I ate and wore home clothes so that I wouldn't get my work clothes dirty.

It was 11:30 and I got ready to go to work so that I could still decorate my office.

The night before I had printed out a few stickers and stuff to at least make my office look cute.

I got all my things and double checked so that I wouldn't leave anything. I got into my car and I was gone. Drumi was already at work, he had left at 8am since he was a business man.

I played the song Mercury by Steve Lacy because his songs are a banger.

"I looked up at the ceiling as I drafted my " I'm sorry " text" I sang, putting the volume at the maximum.

I drove past a huge building, like really huge, looked like a huge office with mini offices.

It was so luxurious like damn I want some money too. It said M&J
And it dawned to me that those where his initials, Matthew James. That's crazy. I thought as I passed by.

Millions of thoughts fludded my head as I passed the building. I arrived at my office at 12 .

I sang the last lyric as I parked my car.

I got my bag with all my things and entered the office with my bag full of supplies.

For the next hour I set up my office good decorating it to the way I wanted it to be.

But before I knew it there was a knock to the door. I panicked a bit and to open a few deep breaths in.

Quickly looking at my self at the mirror on the table  then going to open the door.

Putting on a fake ahh smile I opened the door, to be greeted by Matthew and Maisha, here we go again.

"Good morning, Mr and Mrs James, today I will be your councillor for as long as you need" I said formally but what went through my head was that.

Soon to be divorced, I laughed at my joke inside my head and Matthew looked at me.

Maisha was quiet the whole time but her thoughts weren't, I thought still laughing in my head.

I led them to the seating area where there is red couches on a black tiled floor.

"Would you like some coffee? " I asked knowing that I was making everything awkward for them.

Not my fault she decided to go behind my back and date, i mean MARRY the guy she knew I wanted.

Like girl what happened to black queens forever, snowbunnies never? She was for real acting like a snowbunny.

They both shook their heads and I smiled like Preminger from the 2003 Barbie movie.

"Very well, now I need you both to explain from the beginning, and stop where it all went wrong" I spoke ready to hear all the drama.

Matthew looking at me, a gaze I couldn't deny was getting to me but I brushed it off. Now is not time for me to fantasize about a married (almost unmarried) man.

"I-"  "it star-" .  They broth spoke at the same time. They looked at each other and maisha looked like she was ready to pounce him.

He gestured for her to go on, and I flushed, inside of course.