Clues.

Veronica paced back and forth in the tiny apartment. The sound of her body shaking seemed to be the only thing Camille could hear. She sat on her couch, her laptop placed tight on her lap as she frantically scrolled through articles upon articles. Her eyes followed every word and every picture, taking in as much information as possible. She was trying to figure out who or what that dark figure is.

Veronica shakily grabbed the bottle from earlier which was now heavily drained of the liquid that once almost touch the brim of the bottle and took a swig. The two had given up on using glasses around an hour ago, finding it more soothing to drink it straight from the source ; like they were fifty year old Irish men in a pub. She slammed the bottle down onto the counter and pulled her hair into a tight pony tail, pulling it around her shoulder and tugging slightly at it as she stared at Camille.

"So?? Did you find anything?"

She asked quietly. Camille chewed her nails and shook her head. Her eyes glued to the screen as more article began to pop up. She felt her friend slide on the couch beside her and begin to look with her. They just needed one clue, one. The pair had decided not to go to the police as they feared they would just be mocked and the figure would return again. This time though, not with a warning. As for Camille's leg, Veronica had covered it in an anti bacterial spray and covered it again with a triangle bandage. It wasn't worth the hospital trip to heal a wound that could simply be treated at home, no matter how painful it was.

    They tried constantly to find similarities in missing cases from the past. Veronica even choked up stories about her brother hoping to help but nothing did. It was almost like Camille wasn't supposed to be here, like she was supposed to die in those woods.

The only constant they found was death. She was the only one who made it out alive and was able to recount what she saw in the woods. There wasn't a single other article on some psycho in the path raging and ranting about serial killers hunting in the woods, so it was safe to assume she was the only one.

But why?

That was the question neither of them could figure out. Why was she targeted and set free? She should have been nothing but another article ; another missing persons flyer hanging off telephone poles around the city. Something about what happened didn't feel right, but deep down inside her brain she swore she could feel an answer there.

    She swore she could feel it pounding against her skull, begging to be let out but for some reason the girl just couldn't. Maybe it was the fear, or the constant pain from her leg. Maybe it was the energy her friend was radiating that caused Camille's heart to beat faster. Whatever it was, was blocking the girl from even beginning to find out one single fucking clue.

    "Did you think if you went back into the woods, you'd be able to summon the figure again?"

     Her friend asked. Camille slowly turned and saw Veronica anxiously staring directly into her eyes. Her deep brown eyes seemed so full of fear, so full of uncertainty. Her brows furrowed as she bit her lip. Camille was shocked at her friends suggestion. I mean, how couldn't she be? This was the same girl who lost her brother to the mystery of the woods and now she wants Camille to venture out there once more.

    Once more.

    It could be the end if she did it. She began to picture herself sat in the same spot she was that fateful night, shaking and crying as her blood began to spill onto the forest ground but this time ; this time the axe slit her throat. She pictured watching her blood pool around her, the feeling of warmth spreading across her neck as her clothes began to be soiled with blood. She pictured looking up at the dark figure, her vision going in and out until her eyes finally closed for the last time.