Chapter 1

It all happened so fast, most of those two nights were a blur for Harry. Ginny was supposed to meet him for dinner in the Great Hall, but she didn't show. When he went to look for her, he saw her snogging a Hufflepuff boy. Harry was crushed, his first love had cheated on him, and he had been blind to it all. 

Harry confronted her in the common room later that night, and broke things off with her, finding out she had been cheating on him for more than half of their relationship.

After quidditch practice the next afternoon Ron asked Harry to stay behind. Ginny and Hermione were watching practice and met up with them. Ron looked bloody mad, and he drew his wand on Harry.

Harry had never seen him so upset before, he almost looked like Uncle Vernon. A part of Harry was scared of him. Ron spent half an hour yelling at him, starting with why he was such a bad boyfriend to Ginny. He accused Harry of cheating on his sister and yelling even louder.

Ginny had lied to Ron, she was covering her own faults by making him look like a cheater. Harry looked at Ginny, her eyes full of fake tears, and Mione just shook her head at Harry and said nothing.

"How could you be so bloody selfish Harry!" Ron yelled as Harry focused his attention back on Ron. "I thought you of all people would never hurt my sister like that you git! I thought I could trust you. You were supposed to be my best friend! I'm going to make the rest of our time here hell for you Harry, if it's the last thing I do." Ron's words hurt worse than any spell he could have used on Harry that night, or so it felt.

Supposed to be his best friend? I am his best friend. I did nothing wrong...

Ron threw a punch at Harry, making him stumble back. For once, Mione didn't stop Ron from lashing out. She just looked at Harry with a sour expression. The next thing he knew he was on his knees in pain. Harry's glasses fell off, making him practically blind. He could feel the quidditch boots hitting him with full force time after time until he heard something crack. Ron's voice rang out, shouting spells Harry hardly recalled. Then it hit, an unforgivable.

"Crucio" Ron yelled.

Pain. Like that was all he had ever known. Nothing could compare to that amount of pain. Harry's body ached. He couldn't cry, he had no tears left. He had gotten used to Ron lashing out, he felt nothing emotionally. Voices faded in and out for what felt like hours. Mione yelled at Ron for using an unforgivable, Ron yelled back. Ginny was silent. Their figures danced across what little vision he had left.

"Ronald You bloody idiot!" Mione's voice rang through the air. "We can't just leave him.... Could freeze to death.... Dinner has started.... A student, quick, go before you get caught...."

"Professor, someone's hurt.... It's Potter..... Bleeding.... '' Rang a familiar voice. "You're going to be okay, Potter. Hey, stay with me..." Harry groaned in response as blurry figures moved across his vision. He felt arms wrap around him, pulling him up to lean on someone. "Professor, we need to get him to the medical wing." Harry swore he knew that voice. The sky was getting dark. He smelled the faint scent of peppermint in the breeze.

Everything faded out.

—-----------------------

I'm still alive... I wish he would have just killed me when he had the chance... Merlin, everything hurts…

Harry opened his eyes to the bright room, taking in the familiar bittersweet smell of the infirmary. He sat up, reaching for his glasses and putting them on. He scanned the room, his eyes landing on all too familiar blond hair and the green and black Slytherin robes that fitted the boy's slim figure. Something in him wanted to Call out to him.