Chapter 23: Ungrateful

Ethan stared at her face for a while before leaning down to her slowly. And in the next moment, he collide his lips with hers...
_______

Annabelle eyes flew opened with shock, this was the last thing she had expected him to do. She is wants to push him away but she couldn't. Instead, she found her eyes closing back. She felt the goosebumps... Butterflies..

Ethan pulled away from her slowly, his eyes observed her expression as she opened her eyes too.

Realization hit Annabelle and she quickly disconnected herself from him.

"Why did you do that?" She asked.

"Because I've wanted to.. but I'm sorry if I upset you in that way.." he made to come close to her but she warned.

"Stay back" she exhaled sharply. "Did you poison me? Why is my heart beating so fast?" She asked.

Ethan let out a chuckle. "It's fine, there's nothing wrong with you. Your heart beating fast means you feel the same way"

"What way" she asked almost immediately.

Just before he could reply, Annabelle's little phone rang.

"That's pretty outdated Belle" he said lightly.

"from now on, Stay away from me" Annabelle said.

"I can't do that" He shrugged.

"I'm serious here" she said.

"I'm serious too, I'm not letting you distant yourself from me" he said.

Annabelle's small phone rang again. "I'm leaving" she turn to leave.

"I'll see you around" he said.

"No" she said and left immediately.

"Clumsy" Ethan muttered. His mind drift to the kiss and his lips curved up.
______

Getting to the car waiting for her, Annabelle got in and shut the door close. Her heart was still beating fast, she still can't get the scene out of her head. It was as if his lips is still on hers.. she didn't hate it.

A light grunt escaped from the huge man sitting beside her.

"It's nothing scar" Annabelle snapped out of her thought and said to him.

Scar grunt again.

"I said nothing happened, now can we leave?" She said putting on her seatbelt.

They got to the clan after 10 minutes. Annabelle got into her room and found Ricky sitting on her chair with a book in his hand, his aura cold.

"What's going on?" She asked.

Ricky checked wrist watch and then look up before standing up to walk towards her.

"Who is he?" He asked still walking close to her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Oh, you know so well what I'm talking about" He glared. "That guy who held you at the party, who is he?"

"None of your business" she replied.

"Is he the one you meet at midnight?" He asked getting the pieces together. Annabelle turn quiet and his eyes widened. "What the fuck! I'm covering you up just for you to meet a guy at night?"

"He is the one teaching me how to use computers" Annabelle defended.

"You know what? You're not allow to see that motherfucker again.."

"You can't control me!!" Annabelle cut, her eyes cold.

"Oh yeah, how about I tell Lord Smith about you sneaking out in the middle of the night right under his nose" He said.