Prologue

Authors Note;
Hiii everyone! Welcome back :)
This is Book 2 of my BoyxBoy series and it's Leo's turn to get his own story. I love Leo's character so much and I can't wait to explore his depth more.
🔴 Warning; this is going to be a lot darker than The Abandoned Wallflowers. Make sure you've read that one first so that this story makes more sense.
Hope you all enjoy this rollercoaster of emotions..!

~~~

In the heart of London's urban sprawl, nestled between towering buildings and the hum of city and university life, Leo's student accommodation house stood tall and proud. The much loved house was a patchwork of diverse personalities and colourful stories. It housed a collection of students who were all brought together by fate and shared leases.

Inside the walls of this communal space, Leo's laughter resonated through the narrow hallways, a constant soundtrack to the dynamic energy that defined their home. The living room which served as the epicenter of their shared encounters was currently overrun by at least two dozen individuals. Bottles clinked, laughter echoed and the shared space became a nexus of preparation for another night of escapades. Within this vibrant tapestry, Leo moved around with an infectious energy, the life of the communal party. His words spilled out, unfiltered and carefree, drawing his housemates into the whirlwind of his words.

To put it simply, Leo was drunk. Incredibly drunk. It was nearly 11:30pm and the boy had no plans to stop or slow down. His usual partner in crime Sophie had the same idea. The pair were clinging together as they downed another shot, both of their smiles infectious. "One more, come on," Leo said to her, knowing she was always down for one more drink.

Amidst the lively chatter and partying, Leo and Sophie found a momentary escape, perched on the edge of the living room sofa, watching the unfolding scenes of affection around them. Sophie watched as Rex and Victoria shared a tender moment in the living room, the pair lost in each other's eyes. Sophie's eyes slid over to her best friend Jessica. She was with her boyfriend and the pair exchanged some whispered secrets by the large window. The pair looked intoxicated and they held onto each other tightly. Sophie smiled at that. She was happy for them, obviously.

Then her curious and keen eyes slid over to her other housemate Aaron who was sat with his new boyfriend Damon on the small sofa. The pair had been seemingly inseparable for the past few weeks. The two boys laughed together as if they held a secret language of their own and Sophie tried not to gag at how in love they seemed to be.

Sophie nudged Leo with a playful smirk and pointed in their direction. "God. Look at them. Practically drowning in love. Do you think we're the last rebels standing against this lame epidemic?"

Leo's eyes drifted over to the sofa. His eyes landed on Damon first. He saw the small brunette with fluffy hair and wide eyes sat on Aaron's lap. Leo's wide smile faltered momentarily. The way Damon laughed and shoved his face into Aaron's neck to hide away from the world caused a fluttering sensation to erupt in Leo's chest and stomach. He practically forced himself to look away from the scene. He also forced out a small, weak chuckle and raised his glass high in the sky in mock defiance. "Absolutely. You'll never catch me settling down like that."

"Never say never," she murmured.

Their eyes met and Leo's lips curled upwards. A silent understanding passed between them and the raven haired boy leaned in closer to the blonde girl, his lips brushing against her ear. "I thought we agreed to be just friends?"