1

Leo awoke to a harsh light streaming through his annoyingly non-black out curtains, stabbing at his temples like a thousand tiny needles. With a light groan, he squinted against the harsh and unwelcome brightness, trying to piece together the events of the previous night. As the fog in his mind slowly lifted, he became aware of the dull throb in his head and the lingering taste of regret on his tongue.

Rolling over, Leo's hand fumbled for his phone on the nightstand. The digital clock mocked him with its display of the late morning hour. It was Saturday morning. It was a day when normal people relished the luxury of a weekend lie-in, but unfortunately Leo found himself trapped in a hazy aftermath of poor decisions.

His room, usually a haven of organised disorder, now resembled an actual battlefield of discarded clothes, empty beer bottles and the remnants of a wild night. Leo winced as he tried to recall the specifics. Flashes of laughter, clinking glasses and the bass-heavy thump of music echoed in his mind from the night before.

With great effort, Leo swung his legs over the edge of the bed, his head swimming crazily with each movement. He surveyed the room around him, hoping to find clues that would unravel the mystery of how he ended up in this sorry state. Dragging himself to the mirror on the wall, Leo surveyed the reflection staring back at him. He had dishevelled hair, bloodshot red eyes and a complexion that betrayed the night's excesses. He looked horrible. Last night was a blur. It felt like a distant memory.

As he stumbled out of his bedroom and towards the shared bathroom, the cold tiles beneath his bare feet served as a very rude awakening. Leo quickly turned on the faucet, letting the water cascade into the sink. Heaving a sigh, he splashed some of the cool water over his face, hoping it would wash away not just the physical remnants of the night but also the lingering guilt he felt for getting absolutely hammered once again. He caught his own sorry gaze in the mirror, searching for answers, but all he found was a reflection of a man caught between the desire for a carefree moment and the weight of responsibility.

The aroma of freshly ground coffee wafted up the stairs from the kitchen, a beacon of comfort in the midst of chaos. Leo couldn't avoid the day any longer. It was time to face the unfortunate but familiar consequences of his Saturday morning awakening and piece together the fragments of a night he'd rather forget. He left the bathroom, sombrely walked down the stairs and shuffled into the kitchen, wincing as the scent of brewing coffee intensified the non stop pounding in his head.

The familiar faces of all his housemates greeted him, a mix of amusement and concern etched onto their faces. Leo wasn't surprised to see Jessica's boyfriend sat at the kitchen table too. He must have stayed over last night. Leo couldn't help but wonder where Damon was too. The small brunette usually stayed in Aaron's room so it was a surprise to not see him here too, but Leo wouldn't dare question it. He didn't want to give anyone an excuse to ask why he cared so much.

Amidst the playful banter about his dishevelled appearance and apparent struggle, Leo's eyes involuntarily sought out Sophie. She sat at the kitchen table, sipping her coffee with a smirk that hinted at their shared secrets. Her gaze locked onto Leo's and for a brief moment, the air crackled with an unspoken understanding. The memories of the night before began to surface, slowly overcoming the fog in Leo's mind. A chorus of laughter erupted around him, but Leo could feel the weight of Sophie's gaze lingering on him. He attempted a weak smile towards everyone, attempting to play off the fact that he was hungover.

"Leo, you look like you went through a war last night!" Rex exclaimed, clapping him on the back, completely unaware of the clandestine connection Leo and Sophie shared. In fact, everyone was blissfully unaware that two of the housemates were sleeping together. They wouldn't have cared, especially considering that Rex and Victoria were together. But Leo decided that it was nobody's business but his own. Sophie had thankfully agreed to keep in on the down low too. It didn't really mean anything. It was just friends with benefits.