8

The night spiraled into chaos, with Leo's impulsive actions leaving a trail of embarrassment, confusion and heartache behind. Why did he do that? Why did he kiss Damon? What the hell is actually wrong with him? The confrontation outside the pub left Leo alone on the cold pavement, the weight of his mistakes crashing down on him. The distant sounds of laughter and music from the pub seemed like mocking echoes in the quiet street. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't stop the tears that flowed out his eyes. They were leaking. He couldn't stop it.

Damon and Aaron retreated, leaving Leo in solitude once again. The cold night air stung his tear-streaked face and he felt utterly and completely lost. His phone buzzed with messages from the group chat but Leo couldn't bring himself to check them. The world around him felt blurry, his mind consumed by regret and self-loathing.

The look on Aaron's face flashed through his mind a hundred times. How could he do that to his best friend? He would blame it on the alcohol, but the truth was, Leo had definitely been more drunk than this in the past. He shouldn't have done it. It was as simple as that. Why didn't he stop himself? It's almost as if he was happy digging himself into a deeper grave. Aaron would definitely tell Rex about this, then Rex would tell Victoria. That means the girls would find out too. And that meant Sophie would find out that Leo kissed a boy. Not just any boy. He kissed Damon.

God. Damon. How could he do this to Damon? What the hell was going through Damon's mind right now? He probably hated Leo too. Suddenly Leo felt unable to breathe again. His actions ran through his mind again and again and again. He couldn't stop thinking about it. His breathing came out as shallow pants.

"Are you okay?" a voice suddenly asked.

Leo sniffled and slowly looked up, his eyes red and puffy. Stood in front of him was none other than Dante. Probably the cause of all this mess, The tall, dark clothed boy was practically towering over him. He looked intimidating, however Leo knew he was anything but. The broken boy on the floor managed to let out a weak, bitter laugh. "Do I look okay? I'm a fucking mess. I just ruined everything."

Dante's eyes flickered across Leo's face. He frowned a little and looked around. He saw Leo leave the bar earlier and saw two friends running after him. Now Leo was all alone, crying his eyes out like a big baby. What could possibly have happened in such a short amount of time? Dante sighed. "What happened?"

Leo decided that there was no way in hell that he would ever tell anyone what just happened. Ever. The boy on the floor wiped away the fresh tears that were still making their way down his face, avoiding Dante's gaze. "Nothing," he mumbled.

"Clearly," Dante muttered back.

"Just... my life. It's a fucking mess right now," he mumbled, struggling to find words that could convey the whirlwind of emotions within him.

Dante was silent. Again, he looked around at their surroundings. It was September and it was cold. He wished Leo wasn't sitting on the floor right now, but clearly he was in a state of hysteria. What else could Dante do? So eventually, the dark clothes boy hesitantly turned and slid down the brick all too. Much to Leo's surprise, Dante sat down beside him on the cold pavement, an unexpected presence offering a silent understanding. The two remained in a heavy silence for a moment, broken only by the distant sounds of the city and the loud people in the bar besides them.

Leo sniffled a few times and willed for his tears to go away. He didn't want to cry in front of Dante. This is probably only the third or fourth time they had been in each others company. He didn't want to look too pathetic.

"You don't have to talk about it," Dante finally said, his monotone voice carrying a touch of sympathy. Leo looked at his side and his eyes settled on Dante's side profile. The older boy wasn't looking at him. Instead, Dante kept his cold eyes ahead. "But if you need someone to be here, I can stay."