7

The next morning, Leo woke up to the sound of his alarm blaring through his phone. He groggily reached for it to silence the deadly thing, blinking away the remnants of sleep that remained in his eyes. As he stretched out his limbs and stifled a yawned, he felt around his bed for any sign of a warm body, but to his surprise, Sophie was nowhere to be seen. He frowned, rubbing his eyes. She must woken up earlier and snuck off.

Determined to start the new day on a positive note, Leo got out of bed and went through his usual morning routine. He dressed in a casual yet stylish outfit, hoping to boost his confidence once more. He had been slacking in the confidence department recently and he really needed to get back out there and show the world that he was still a handsome devil.

Taking the stairs two at a time, he bumbled down stairs and dashed into the kitchen, hoping to make some coffee before he left the house to attend his lectures. In the kitchen, he found none other than his two best friends sitting at the kitchen table chatting over their breakfast. Leo didn't hesitate for a second and decided to join them. "Morning, guys," he greeted them cheerfully.

Rex glanced up and smirked, "Well, look who decided to grace us with his presence. Did you manage to wake up on time this morning?"

Leo chuckled lightly but the comment hit a nerve. Was he really that bad? Did people just think he was some kind of slacker? Everyone always had things to say to him. They always teased him and made remarks. What was so wrong with him? "Yeah, I got my beauty sleep, you know."

"Well, you definitely needed it after all that studying," Aaron said cheerfully.

Leo managed a weak smile. At least Aaron took note of the fact that he was actually doing his uni work. "These assignments will be the death of me, man."

"Business sounds rough," Aaron muttered.

Rex hummed, sipping on his coffee.  As the conversation continued, Leo couldn't shake the insecurity that Rex's remark had stirred within him. Maybe he actually was a lazy bastard. Maybe all his friends just thought he was a good for nothing slacker. They always made remarks about how much he partied, or how much he drank or how much he slept. It annoyed him to the core. Leo finished his breakfast as quickly as he could, excusing himself to head to his morning classes. Both Rex and Aaron waved him off happily and continued on with their conversation.

The day unfolded with boring lectures, assignments, and fleeting glances across the campus. Leo pushed aside the lingering thoughts of how negative he suddenly felt about his own personality and tried to focus on his academic responsibilities.

Evening approached rather slowly, and the atmosphere at the house became lively once again. As soon as he stepped into the living room, he was greeted with lively chatter and laughter. Sophie and Jessica were giggling as they were sprawled out on the floor, Rex and Victoria were loudly arguing about what they wanted to eat later on, and Damon and Aaron were sat on the two seated sofa very close together. Their faces were inches apart and smiles were playing at their lips.

Leo walked in and smiled at everyone but everyone was engaged in heated conversation with their pairs. The raven haired boy suddenly felt like he was the odd man out. He cleared his throat. Nobody looked up. Leo pursed his lips and decided not to take it to heart. He sighed softly and turned on his heel, ready to walk out of the living room again.

But suddenly, a soft voice spoke up and called out his name. He turned his head slightly and his eyes connected to a pair of soft blue-green hues which were swirling with glee. "How was your day?" Damon asked happily.

Leo's lips curled into a genuine smile. At least there was one person here who acknowledged him. He turned around fully again he responded to Damon, "Not bad, you know. Survived the lectures and the never-ending assignments. How about yours?"