Chapter nineteen

“I strongly believe that this is not a good idea,” Steven said to the boy following behind him as they made their way in the tunnels underground.
“Please, it’s been nine days since I last talked to her and with Irene still unconscious, I don’t know how many days will still pile up by the time she wakes up,” Sean said.
“I have never snuck into Blue moon pack before. I only know the tunnel that would get us to the front gate but I don’t know the one that would take us inside. And before you say I should take you to the front gate, know that you can never go inside without being spotted. The front gate is crawling with High alpha warriors.”
“I don’t need to sneak in, I just need to get close enough for her to hear me,” Sean replied and Steven shrugged.
“If you say so,” he replied and they continued down the tunnels silently.
‘Sean, what are you doing boy?’ Sean gasped when he heard Alan’s voice in his mind.
Steven turned to him with a raised eyebrow, “you okay?” and Sean nodded.
‘Alpha,’ he called in his mind and he heard the man’s sigh of relief in his mind.
‘I can’t believe this is really happening. Where are you and why can’t I sense Aliyah with you?’
‘She is safe Alpha, you don’t have to worry.’
‘Why are you coming to the pack, you should know it’s not safe.’
‘I felt a pull in my mating mark Alpha, I just want to see Monica and make sure she is okay.’
‘She is, well, she will be hopefully.’
Sean felt his heart missed a beat and he stopped walking. ‘What do you mean Alpha, did…did she get bitten by the rogues?’
‘What, no. Sean, you should know that I will never let anything happen to her. Consider it a payment for looking after my daughter.’
“Sean, what’s the matter, let’s go. We are approaching Blue moon pack now,” Steven said when he noticed the boy wasn’t following him anymore, however, Sean hardly heard him.
‘So what happened to her then?’
‘She is…in labor, Sean.’
“What?” Sean screamed and Steven cursed while rushing to cover his mouth and glaring at him.
‘Who is there with you, are you in trouble?’ Alan’s voice sounded urgent and Sean knew the man must have felt Steven’s attack on him.
‘I’m fine Alpha, I just wasn’t expecting what you said and so I almost gave away my hideout.’
‘Fuck, be careful. But someone is with you, someone trustworthy?’
‘Yes Alpha.’
‘Good. Well, I am waiting outside the room with your father but I can’t tell him that I am communicating with you for now, you are not close enough for him to hear your mind link and I also can’t risk the high warriors noticing the change in me and tapping into my mind link.’
‘What, but you are an alpha, they are not supposed to hear you.’
‘They can now, courtesy of Alpha Damien. He is keeping taps on your father and I just in case we know where you and Aliyah is. That is why I can’t tell your father now, he is longing for you and I don’t know how good he can be in keeping his expression neutral.’
‘I understand Alpha.’
“What’s going on?” Steven whispered seeing that the boy was with him but not really. “Are you communicating with someone?” When Sean nodded, he cursed, releasing him then. “Sean, there is something I have to tell you, the high warriors can tap into mind link now.”
Sean nodded. “I know, my alpha just told me,” he whispered.
Steven looked visibly surprised but then smiled. “I knew Alpha Alan can code,” he grinned. “If he is communicating with you then I am sure he has an eye on the warriors.”
‘Wow,’  Alan’s joyful voice in Sean’s mind and his attention went to him immediately. ‘You have a daughter Sean.’
Sean was stunned. A daughter? But…he had just wished that a few days ago in the human realm when he was with Milly and now… ‘This is my first time witnessing a beta’s first child as a girl. Our history is really changing. Are you there Sean?’
Sean couldn’t reply as he immediately slumped on the ground while chuckling and sobbing at the same time. Steven watched him in surprise, wondering what news could make him like that.
‘I’m a father, alpha.’
‘Indeed Sean, you are. Congratulations boy. I’m really sorry you couldn’t be here.’
Sean was shaking his head before the man finished and remembering that he couldn’t see him, he replied, ‘but I was, Alpha, I was through you. Thank you.’
‘Be rest assured that I would tell Monica you were here, when she wakes up of course.’
‘Thank you alpha.’
‘Send my greetings to Aliyah, and do let me know when she puts to bed, okay? I would have asked for your location but I think it would be best if I don’t know, just in case.’
‘Of course, Alpha. I totally understand.’
‘I have to go now and I do hope that I get to talk to you again and soon, maybe then, you can tell me what the hell is going on.’
Sean nodded but before he could reply, he noticed that the man had closed his mind link and he quickly closed his as well just in case if there was a reason the man did that. He hasn’t got up from the ground but Steven could tell that he was free now and so asked, “so, mind telling me what brought you to your knees?”
Sean laughed but he had to be as quiet as he could. “I just witnessed my mate giving birth,” he chuckled and wiped away the tears on his face and sniffled. “I just…I remember telling her that I would always be by her side, then we didn’t know that a day like this would ever come. But when it did, I actually thought that I wouldn’t even know the day it would be and now, in as much as I couldn’t see her nor hold her hand like I would have hoped, but I was here and I knew when our daughter was born,” he sniffled and Steven sighed, bending over to help him up.
“Hey man, to be honest, you are the strongest man I know. Fuck, you deserve to be an alpha Sean, my dad was right, you really deserve to be an alpha and I am so glad I get to know you. Don’t worry, one day your sacrifice will pay off, just one day.”
Sean sobbed and covered his mouth with his hand to silence his cry but then he was hugging Steven and the boy gladly hugged him back, giving him the support he needed. After a while, Steven patted him on the back and said, “come on, let’s go back to the cottage where you can rejoice as you want and we can all rejoice with you as well. Come on Sean, you are a father now, stop crying like a baby,” he joked and they chuckled at that before turning to go back the way they came.
When they got back to the cottage, Aliyah and Rasmus were surprised to see them back already and wondered if something bad had happened, but when Sean told them the good news, they were so happy and Steven offered to go get drinks and foods for them. Just because they are in hiding doesn’t mean that they can’t have a little fun and so when Steven came back with the drinks and a soft for Aliyah, they drank and ate to their heart content in celebration for the birth of the little one. Ramus was happy for them and in as much as he can’t eat or drink with them, he shared in the fun but when he glanced at the door leading to the room where a woman was lying unmoving, he felt a break in his heart and he found himself wondering just how long more they would have to wait.
He knew deep within him that if Irene was conscious, she would have helped Sean to see his daughter, even if he can’t touch her, at least, he can see her face and then talk to his Mate. They were missing a lot without her presence and he found himself hoping for a miracle to happen, if not for him then at least for Sean and Aliyah who desperately needs her wisdom and guidance. However, in all, he had hope, hope that one day he would get to see her beautiful gray eyes once more.