Chapter seventy seven

“Hello Mariah,” A mystical voice called and the girl lying on the floor opened her eyes. “Long time no see,” the voice smiled.
Aliyah sat up on what looked like cloud even though it had a strong floor. She glanced up, the mistiness of her surrounding affected her vision for some seconds before she blinked continuously to adapt her vision. A strong headache overcame her then and she closed her eyes and held her temple as the memories came pouring in like a sea. She sighed when it was all over and glanced up once more, “I guess I am bound to meet you once more, Selene.”
Selene chuckled and made an appearance before her. “And here I was thinking that it would take another hundred years for you to remember.”
Aliyah smiled softly at that and heaved a deep breath, “tell me, Selene, did it work?”
“Yes, you not only saved your people, you saved my creation. Thank you, Mariah.”
Aliyah glanced at her, squinting her eyes at the bright light that enveloped the woman until she tuned it down. “I am happy to help.”
Selene chuckled softly, “although I must say, you have made slitting your wrists a bad habit.”
Aliyah glanced at her wrists and surprised to see thin line scars on them. She softly rubbed them and sighed, “it’s the easiest way I can think of.”
“Of course. However, you do know that you killed yourself in your former life the same way.”
“This time is different. I didn’t do it out of broken heart, I did it to save the people I love and nothing makes me happier now hearing from you that I succeeded.”
“I understand. However, you should know that they almost died still. You should never underestimate the vision of a pure blood witch.”
“Oh my God. Edward woke up?”
The woman nodded softly, "I thought you knew that would happen. Isn't that why you left Asher with him? He woke up immediately you closed your eyes in death.”
“But I was with him before then and I spoke to him but he didn’t wake up.”
“I may have helped by calling him awake like I did the first time. But then again, you should never underestimate the pain in the mating mark for losing a mate. I shouldn’t tell you, you witnessed it.”
Aliyah reached up and touched her neck, “it was quite painfully.”
“Exactly. But not to worry, the oldest pure blood witch saved the day, even though it cost her two hundred years of her life.”
“I don’t understand,” Aliyah frowned.
“To project your vision into another person’s mind, it not only takes years of cultivation to perfect your body for such task, it takes out two hundred years from your life span if you succeed. That is why it is not an easy feast and a lot of pure blood witches deviates from it as a final plan. However, if Hephzibah had not done so, no demon, nightwalker or howler or even witches would have lived to now. Not even your son.”
Aliyah’s eyes widened in shock and Selene smiled. “But not to worry, Hephzibah saved the day and she doesn’t regret what she had to lose. She is a pure blood and keeping the world safe means more than living extra two hundred years. Which she wouldn’t have though if Edward had succeeded.”
Aliyah closed her eyes and nodded, thanking the unknown woman in her mind. “So, all is well now?”
“Yes, all is well. In fact, the demon’s are helping Edward to build a bigger palace. It’s quite peaceful out there now, the Nightwalkers and Night Howlers are working together and their children are playing together. Seriously Mariah, you have given me the peaceful world I have envisioned when I first created your people.”
Something doesn’t add up with what she said and Aliyah had to call her back, “I don’t understand, I just died, did I not? When did the rest of things you said happen?”
Selene chuckled, “you did not just die, Mariah, it’s been three months since the second great war.”
“Three months!” Aliyah screamed and when the woman nodded, she asked, “then why am I waking up now?”
“Because Edward had refused to let go off you,” Selene said. “Every night, he feeds your body his demon powers to preserve you and so, because he has refused to let go of your body, your soul has been asleep here.”
When the shock waved off from Aliyah, she nodded, “so that means, if I am awake now, he has decided to let go of me?”
“He has finally listened to reason to bury you. As a matter of fact, today is your funeral and he is burying you as his queen,” Selene smiled. “He miss you Mariah, he acts tough in the presence of his subjects but when alone, he misses you. And you should know the cold has left his heart.”
“The cold?”
“Yes. You see, when a soul returns to the body, it’s considered as cheating death and in return, something precious would be taken from them. For Edward, it was his compassion. Despite being the Dark Prince, Edward still knows the people to kill and the people not to. And that was what death took from him and to recover himself, he needed the one he loves to help him. In this case, your death and the fear of losing his son, did.”
Aliyah smiled softly and stood up, she hugged her arm and turned away from the woman, “I’m happy. I’m happy that he got himself back, now, the people that are supposed to be his family won’t be afraid of him anymore.”
Selene smiled softly watching the girl. “You miss them, don’t you?”
“Why won’t I?” she turned to her with a teary smile, “but I made my choice. Besides, I can vividly remember what you said to me the last time I was here. Once any of the doors opened, it will never open for the same soul again,” she shrugged. “Which reminds, what am I doing here, shouldn’t I have gone to the underworld where Hades would be more than glad to finally have my soul?”
“I wanted to see you one last time.”
“Oh,” she nodded and turned away from her once more but only to turn back sharply, “what about her?”
“What about who?”
“That woman, the one that fought with Edward and is working with Kaiden.”
“Oh,” Selene sighed and Aliyah noticed that her eyes dimmed, “Goddess Aspa.”
“Goddess?” Aliyah asked.
“Yes,” Selene nodded. “Goddess Aspa, the goddess of Darkness.”
“I don’t understand, why would a goddess want me or my son?”
Selene sighed. “Years ago, Aspa created the ghouls. She started by turning the souls of humans into that. No one blames her though, I mean, she is darkness so everything she created has to be hideous, is it not? However, the almighty, the creator of the universe, the creator of the lands and gods and goddess, was not in support. According to him, human souls are supposed to be in the spirit realm where they are given the chance to reincarnate into the world to carry out the circle of life and so ordered her to kill off her creations. Aspa —as expected— refused and as punishment, the Almighty ordered god Ramiel, the god of thunder and ruler of the Gods to banish her from the god’s lands and in so doing, Aspa lost majority of her powers.”
Aliyah nodded in response and said, “but still, that doesn’t explain why she would want my son dead.”
“You didn’t let me finish,” Selene said. “Aspa was cursed to live in the earth among humans and demons. And she can never return back to the god’s lands unless she regain her powers to the full potential. That would have been an easy task for Aspa but Ramiel knew that would happen and so, when forging the Eternal fire for the next Demon King, some of her powers was infused into the soul burning fire and the rest was hidden in the throne. If Aspa should sit on that Demon throne as a demon ruler, she would regain her powers and in so doing, she can summon the one in the Eternal fire.”
“Wait, let me get this straight, her powers is the demon fire and which means the Demon kings uses her powers?”
“No, the eternal fire hides her powers, no Demon king can ever access such strength, they would die. But the demon fire is the second strongest fire on earth, every being fears that fire.”
“I see. Then that means that the throne should be what she is after and not my son, so why does she want him?”
“The demon kings cannot access Aspa’s powers because their body is not strong enough for it but your son, Asher, oh Asher, his body is the vessel for such a strong power. Asher is not just a Nightwalker, he is the second generation. He is not just a demon, he is the prince of Demons and a royal beast. He is not just a Night howler, he is High Alpha, creators of alphas. He is Alpha King. So tell me, Mariah, if a body can withhold and control such three strong bloods, why can’t he hold the powers of Darkness?”
“Hold on, so you are telling me that Asher is going to be Dark?”
“He will be if Aspa gets a hold of him. It’s either she kills him and take back her powers or she would use him to dominate the world.”
“But he doesn’t have her powers, he is not the demon King yet and so he doesn’t possess the fire, neither is he in control of the throne.”
“Oh Mariah, you haven’t figured it out have you?”
“Honestly I haven’t.”
“The demon king birthed Asher who is the vessel of strong powers. Naturally, the powers have been infused into his blood.”
“Wait, so the powers of Aspa…”
“Has naturally transferred to Asher and is waiting for him to grow up to show itself. Asher is going to need to be trained to control the powers and also not to fall into the darkness it would will. Aspa must never get hold of Asher in young age, otherwise, he would be her own son, he would be the prince of Darkness.”

Author's note:
I would be too busy to make an update tomorrow, so I am giving you tomorrow's update now.
Enjoy 🥰