Chapter twenty nine

“Hello princess,” A woman chuckled as Aliyah suddenly appeared in front of her. “I have been looking forward to seeing you again.”
Aliyah glanced around, she was in a dim-lit massive room with long drapes covering the windows. About eight to ten chandeliers hung on the ceiling and following it, she saw a big red throne sitting at the edge of the room and a man was sitting on it. His golden hair fell in locks down his shoulders and his dark brown eyes were on her, a small smile playing on his lips. The walls of the room looked gloomy and cold. Aliyah didn’t need to be told that she was in a throne room, an old throne room.
She quickly got up from the floor, momentarily forgetting about the pain she was in as she finally realized where she was. She remembered the witch that had kidnapped her back then standing beside the man she now knows was the demon king. It was the first time she was seeing his face and for some reason, he reminded her of someone. If she didn’t know better, she would say that he shared some similarities with Edward.
“Finally, you are right in my clutches,” Kaiden said.
“Not so fast,” a voice said and Aliyah turned to see a hooded woman standing behind her. She gasped in shock and took a step back but the woman ignored her and walked past her to Kaiden. “I have fulfilled my own end of the deal, now it’s your turn.”
“I know and I assure you that I have not forgotten. However, I intend to still owe rights to it till I finally got what I want, that was the agreement.” Kaiden responded.
The woman’s pale lips smirked, “alright demon king, carry on.”
“Please, let’s discuss this,” Aliyah said, it was as if her life was flashing before her eyes, like she knew this was the end for her, but for some reason, she doesn’t want to give up just yet. She could feel deep within her that help would come and she was willing to stall for as long as she have to for that help to arrive.
“Don’t try to save yourself princess, there is no help for you my darling,” Melissa said and Aliyah sighed. “This would have been long done and forgotten if you hadn’t decided to play a little hide and seek. But that is over now. I can’t wait to see the look on Irene’s face, to know that she lost to me at the very end.”
“Enough talking, we have to hurry up. I can’t wait to finally answer to my destiny,” Kaiden said and stood up. He walked down the throne and passed the hooded woman to Aliyah. Stopping in front of her, his hand reached up and caress her cheek. “I can see why he is so smitten with you, too bad he never gets to spend quality time with you. Not as a human and definitely not as a nightwalker or part demon,” he smiled. “But do not worry Mariah, I will send you to him in a very short time.” He waved his hand and they were no longer in the throne room but in a black room with vials and vials of potion hanging in shelves and a big black pot sitting on a fire.
Aliyah could feel her heart beating so loudly she could hear the beats in her ears. “You don’t have to do this,” she said.
“Oh I do have to do this,” Kaiden said, pushing her back softly until she could feel her back on something flat. “I should have done this a long time ago,” he said as he grabbed her hand and raised it up, tying it to the chain and then reached for her other one. Aliyah wanted to fight but she knew she can never win against the man. Just standing so close to him, she could already feel the powers surging out of him. Her contractions have stopped for some reason and she found herself praying that her baby should be okay. “Don’t look at me like that Mariah. I don’t hate you, in fact I never did, all I had wanted was to make you leave him so that he would lose his right to the throne.”
Aliyah frowned at that, “what are you saying?”
Kaiden’s eyes went to hers after tying her hands and her feet, making sure to restrict her movements. He leaned forward that his breath caressed her face, “you know what I am talking about, after all, I am responsible for your first death.”
The more he spoke, the deeper Aliyah’s frown got. “I still don’t understand.”
“Fine then,” he smiled and moved away from her, “let me tell you a story.” He said, walking to the shelves of vials to bring one out. The potion in the vial was light blue and he took it back to Aliyah. “Once upon a time, a king had four sons. By right, the first son always takes the throne after the king and this first son had been grooming all his life for the day he would finally sit upon the throne. Then came the day the king would be choosing his crowned prince. He had worn his best outfit and have been the happiest. But when the time came for his father to call him out, he called out his younger brother, not just the younger brother but the youngest of his sons. Sound familiar?” he smiled and pinched her jaw forcing her to open her mouth. He bit onto the cork of the vial and popped it open, downing the entire content into Aliyah’s mouth and pinched her nose, forcing her to swallow.
Aliyah screamed in pain as the liquid burned her from the chest down to her stomach. Tears pooled in her eyes that the man in front of her became a shapeless blob. “What-what did you give me?”
“Just a little something that would prevent your son going all alpha on me,” he chuckled and dropped the vial on the ground.
Aliyah felt an upset in her stomach and just then, she screamed a heart wrenching pain and she couldn’t even reach to cradle her stomach despite the burning pain. It felt like her insides were lit on fire and she fidgeted but she couldn’t even free herself from the tight knots she had been tied on. “Make it stop, make it stop!” she yelled as the tears trailed down her cheeks but Kaiden only stood and watched her wriggle and scream in pain.
Finally, it felt like the pain had started subsiding and she lifted up her head, sweat drenched her back and caked on her forehead but the man in front of her didn’t even take pity on her and just turned back and walked to the shelves of potion once more. “So, imagine the prince’s anger to have his younger brother take the title he had been dreaming all his life for. As if it wasn’t enough that their father doted on his youngest brother so much, he even went to the neighboring kingdom personally to find him a wife, something the first prince didn’t even experience.” He fetched out another vial and walked back to her. This one’s color was red like blood and just like the first time, he grabbed her jaw and forced her to open her mouth.
“No,” Aliyah whispered, shaking her head, she knew that potion would make her go through another pain and she was still suffering from the aftermath of the first one. But of course, she didn’t win over him and felt as the liquid flushed down her throat into her stomach. It took a while before the effect started taking place and she screamed once more, forcing to free herself from her bondage that the chain hanging her hands up rattled nosily.
“This one will stop your son from going nightwalker-ish on me,” he chuckled as he watched the woman in pain. Aliyah felt like she was going to die from the immerse pain and the fact that she doesn’t know when it would end made the pain more unbearable. Kaiden grabbed her face to keep her steady, “don’t worry, I won’t be giving you a potion to prevent him from going all demonic. He would have to be born and grow into his demon powers, so we have nothing to fear there.”
“Why are you doing this? He is just a child,” she asked, feeling her strength draining as she looked into the man’s dark brown eyes.
“Just getting back on the father for what he did to me and of course, he is my ticket to finally achieving my dream as the strongest being alive,” he smiled. “Back to my story, when an opportunity to take back what was taken from him arose, the first prince didn’t hesitate in laying a claim to it. But who would have expected you to slit your wrists, right Mariah?”

Author's note!!!
Have you all figured out who Kaiden is?