Chapter eighty two

“Wow, just like that, Eric is now the future beta.”
“I know right? But I still think they should have made him alpha. Sean is not that much stronger than him and to think Monica is now going to be my Luna,” Natasha said with a look of disgust.
“Greediness is the beginning of a person’s downfall and you my dear is buying a first-class ticket.” Steven said, walking out in front of them, shocking the three girls. “I can see you are the type that likes bullying the weak.”
“Future Alpha Steven, what are you doing here?” Natasha asked, surprised to see him.
Steven’s eyes flashed blue as he remembered how weak and in pain Vanessa looked that night and he had to force himself to stay in control. “I’m not the type to beat around the bush so I am going to say this really clear. The next time you would raise your hand or hurt my mate intentionally or not, I will be cutting off your fingers and force feeding them to you and should your mate have a say, I will be feeding you his balls as well.”
Natasha shuddered and blinked continuously at the image he painted in her mind. “But you don’t have a mate yet, why would I even hurt your mate?”
“Oh but I do and you did hurt her but I will be forgiving that one since you were not aware but the next time you try it, remember the picture you just imagined for I will do everything in my power to make it a reality, trust me.” Saying that, he glanced at the other two girls before one last glare at Natasha and walked away.
The three girls watched him leave, too afraid to even ask who his mate was so that they can avoid her. But then, they saw him walk up to Vanessa and her obvious shock on seeing him. Seeing him smile at her, Natasha felt like pulling her hair out, even Vanessa, a weak omega was mated to a strong alpha like Steven? Stomping her foot in annoyance, she turned and stormed away while her friends were still too shock to move.
“My God, I wasn’t expecting to bump into you,” Vanessa said. Her voice was soft and even though she tried to hide it, Steven could see the blush on her cheeks and she looked so beautiful that all he could think about was pulling her in and kissing her senseless. However, someone stopped him from doing just that.
A loud voice called to Vanessa and ordered her to get him a drink. Steven’s gaze landed on the man and even though he was an omega, he still had some strength in him and Sean’s words rang in his mind and he felt anger bobbling inside him. “Who is that?” He asked.
“That’s my father,” she answered, rushing to get his drink and Steven heard the fear in her voice. “I’m sorry but I will talk to you later, okay?” she looked at him apologetically before leaving with a glass of drink.
Steven wanted to wait for her but for some reason, he found himself following her and when her father’s gaze landed on him, his eyes flashed blue, making the man to lose his balance out of fear.
“Future Alpha Steven, what can I do for you?” he quickly asked, ignoring the drink his daughter was giving him and shocking her with his words that she turned sharply to see Steven.
“Nothing, I just want to introduce myself. Did you know that I am your daughter’s mate?”
He saw the man’s face turn pale before he turned to glance at his daughter who was also shocked. Steven smiled, “we met a week ago, we know we are mates and I decided to show myself to you. I just want you to know your daughter’s mate, and know that she didn’t disappoint you.” The drink in Vanessa’s hand dropped and clashed on the floor, making her and her father jump.
She quickly rushed to clear it but Steven stopped her, “the glass would hurt your hands. Here, let me,” he handed her the drink he has been holding all along and bent over to pick the broken glass but her father stopped him.
“How can I be here and an alpha would clean the mess. Don’t worry, I will take care of it. You guys go, go and talk or something. I will talk to you later, Alpha Steven,” and with that he bent over and started packing the glass. Vanessa grabbed Steven’s hand and pulled him away with her. She wouldn’t have been able to make him take a step if he didn’t want to but he followed her willingly like a lost puppy.
They came to the garden where he was standing before and she turned to him, “I thought you didn’t believe me and wanted to wait till the next blood moon night.”
“Why wait to confirm when I can already feel it?” he asked and he loved the blush that covered her cheeks.
“You are not rejecting me?” she asked suddenly, making him frown.
“Why on earth would I do that?”
“I am an omega, I am too weak for an alpha. I am not worthy of you.”
“Says who? Selene mated us and I am not ready to ask her any question.”
“Does that mean you accept me?” she looked at him hopefully, her green eyes so mesmerizing.
“Should I be marking you now for you to see that?” She blushed so hard and he smiled and pulled her close. “Besides, I am already strong for the both of us,” he added and then finally kissed her.
“Whoa,” someone said and she tried to jump away from him but he held her tightly before turning to glare at Sean who chuckled. “I came to tell you that the ceremony is about to start, nothing more,” Sean raised his hands in surrender and turned to walk away but not without meeting Vanessa’s eyes and smiling at her.
Steven sighed when they were alone, he was surprised at his reluctance to let her go but he still said, “I will come find you after the party, okay?” When she nodded, he smiled and kissed her once more before walking away.
***
Everyone awed as Aliyah walked in in her beautiful wedding gown. She looked so beautiful that Edward felt like his heart was failing and she would have taken his breath away if not that he could survive without breathing.
As she approached him, he couldn’t help but picture her as Mariah with a beautiful tiara on her head. He may not have succeeded in claiming her as his in their previous lives, but he was doing so now and nothing can ever come between them again, not while he breathes.
As her father placed her hand in his, he knew that his home was wherever she was and he didn’t hesitate to tell her just that. He said it so low that only her could hear him and she blushed so hard that he wished he could do away with the wedding and just take her to their bedroom. Fuck the wedding, he would like to see anyone that would say she is not his queen without it.
As the vows were being exchanged, Irene turned to Rasmus. “You promised me a vacation, remember?”
Rasmus smiled and turned to her, “I thought you will never ask. Irene,” he grabbed her hand, “would you let me mark you as my mate?”
Irene was shocked, “but what if you end up finding her?”
“I already did and it’s you,” he smiled. “I love you, Irene, and I know mates are the ones you feel more comfortable with. And I feel that with you, and much more.”
Irene chuckled as her eyes turned glassy with tears, “I feel that with you too.”
Rasmus smiled and without warning, leaned over and kissed her.
“How insolent,” Edward whispered that only Aliyah heard it, “its my own wedding.”
And following his gaze, she was shocked to see the two people kissing and she turned to her now husband, “then would you like to kiss me too, dear husband?”
Hearing her call him that, Edward smiled, Irene and Rasmus at the back of his mind. “I would really love that.” And with that, he bent over and kissed her without Vertimon who was the priest saying so. Everyone looked shocked but they all knew their king. Edward does only what he wants to do and if he wants to kiss his wife, he is kissing his wife.
“I now pronounce you, man and wife or should I say, our king and queen,” Vertimon said, deriving laughter from everyone as they all stood up to clap for the newly wed.
Genevieve turned to Dennis beside her who was clapping happily for the newly wed and smiled, making her decision. “Let’s mark each other tonight.”
Dennis turned to her in shock but she smiled and returned her gaze to the altar. If Dennis was happy before? He was thrilled now and he found himself wishing for the ceremony to already be over. Guess patience is indeed virtue.