Chapter forty one

The Blue moon pack was in celebration, Alan had thrown a three days party for the return of his daughter and the welcome of his grandson. Everywhere was full of merriment and everyone must admit that they all needed it after fighting every single night. Normally, they wouldn’t have dared have a party without the fear of being ambushed by the deranged rogues or nightwalkers. However, since Edward’s resurrection more than seven days ago, no single pack has been attacked again and so, they all agreed that they needed the party.
Aliyah even invited Steven and his parents and they had showed up the next day. In truth, they needed the distraction as well. Aliyah got the chance to meet Sarah —Steven’s mother— for the first time and even though the lady tried to look happy, she could see the pain behind her eyes that she tried so much to hide.
“I am really sorry about Gerald,” she said to Steven as they walked around the pack on the third day of the endless party which was also the last day.
Steven shook his head, “don’t be, he is alive, we will just have to find the antidote and treat him.”
Aliyah nodded. “I talked with Catherine yesterday, she said that she is doing everything within her power to find the antidote. Trust me, she will find it soon, she is the best werewolf healer.”
“I have hope too and if she ends up not finding it, I won’t rest until I find someone who can. I promised my mother that I would bring him back, trust me, I will do just that. She hasn’t been truly happy but this party, it really helped. Thanks for inviting us.”
“Steven,” Aliyah turned to him, “I will do anything for you and your pack. If it weren’t for you, I am not sure we would have survived with Irene being so weak as she was. Trust me, this is just nothing compared to the miles I will go for you.”
“Whoa, easy, if you keep talking like that, I will think that you are professing love to me,” he chuckled, making Aliyah to roll her eyes.
“I’m serious, Steven.”
“I know,” he smiled and patted her softly on the shoulder, “and I appreciate that.”
“Thank you, Steven.”
“It’s nothing,” he smiled.
“Watch out!” A voice yelled and Aliyah turned in time to see a black wolf leaping at her.
“Aliyah!” Steven yelled but it was too late as the wolf had already thrown Aliyah on the ground and was now on top of her, snarling and aiming to bite her on the neck. “Get away from her!” Steven growled as blue light flashed in his eyes and he bent over to push the wolf away. However, something happened that shocked him and the warrior wolves that had come over to help. The black wolf had shifted into a naked boy who Steven immediately recognized as the future Delta of the pack whom he had met during his time in the pack.
“Eric?” Natasha, the very person that had shouted at them to watch out stood in shock as she watched the boy that was being lifted up from an unconscious Aliyah.
“He changed back?” A boy asked as everyone stared at each other in shock.
Steven quickly rushed to hold Aliyah before glancing at the shocked boys that were holding the confused Eric, “he doesn’t change before?”
“No, he was bitten the last time we were attacked and has been in the dungeon since then. How did he even escape?” A boy answered.
“Eric,” Natasha rushed to him, cupping his sweaty cheeks in her hands, “are you okay?”
“What-what happened?” Eric asked, groaning as he held his head to stop the nagging headache.
“What is going on?” Alan’s voice asked and everyone parted to make way for him. “Aliyah,” he rushed to Aliyah in Steven’s arms and then asked in a thunderous voice, “what happened to her?”
Irene and Rasmus appeared on the scene immediately and both of them rushed to check on Aliyah. “I think she is unconscious,” Irene announced.
“What happened?” Sean asked, approaching the scene while carrying his child. He frowned when he saw the sitting Eric, “Eric? I thought you said he was bitten?”
“He was bitten, and he has been deranged for the past two weeks, we are surprised to see him as you are,” a boy answered.
“How did he escape the dungeon?” Aton asked, having rushed over with Scarlet who was now kneeling beside Aliyah on the ground.
“Natasha!” Alan yelled murderously, however, before he could unleash his anger, a cold wind blew and at that moment, a man dressed in black landed few meters from them. “Prince Edward,” Alan called softly, getting up to meet the man but with a flick of Edward’s hand, he was thrown away from his view. Edward tilted his head to the side and everyone clustering around Aliyah were thrown few meters from her. “Prince Edward, it's not what you think,” Alan rushed to say as he scrambled to his feet. He could see the man’s face and he feared what fate it would bring to his pack.
“Steven,” Sarah and Ethan rushed to their son and helped him to sit up as they watched the man who has now squatted beside Aliyah and removing the hairs on her face.
Making sure that Aliyah was okay, Edward then turned to Eric who was staring at him in shock, he didn’t move his hand or head but his eyes started gaining bright light and it wasn’t long, Eric started screaming and wriggling on the ground in pain.
“No,” Natasha yelled, “Eric, Eric,” she grabbed him but the pain was so unbearable that he didn’t even hear her. Soon, his body started burning that she was forced to let him go. “Eric, no,” she yelled and then shifted into her grey wolf and turned to Edward, running towards him to attack.
“Natasha no!” Sean yelled but she was already lifted up midair by an invincible force and she whimpered so loudly in pain.
“Prince Edward, please, reconsider,” Scarlet screamed at the man but he paid her no mind, his face neutral with his eyes a burning blue light.
“Edward…stop,” a voice whispered and only then was Eric set free and Natasha came crashing down so loudly that the pain forced her to shapeshift back.
“Natasha,” a man and a woman came running and pulling her into their arms while another couple came and held Eric whose body was so hot that smoke reeked from him. His black eyes were shrouded in pain that everyone feared that he may still not survive despite being saved.
“Are you okay?” Edward whispered softly while caressing Aliyah’s face.
“Don’t hurt them, don’t hurt anyone, please,” she whispered.
“I won’t, not anymore,” he carried her and without another word, they disappeared from the spot.
“Are you okay?” Alan asked Scarlet who got up then and she nodded. “Is everyone okay?” he asked, and when he got a nod from everyone, he went over to Eric and placed a hand on his forehead. “He would be okay, but we need to take him to Catherine immediately.”
“Yes alpha,” Eric’s father said and picked him up, carrying him out and followed by his mate.
“We will take her to Catherine as well,” Natasha’s parents said and with a nod from Alan, they left.
“Steven, you good?” Alan asked and when the boy confirmed it, he asked, “what happened?”
Steven shrugged and stood up, “I was with Aliyah, we were just talking and then he jumped at her. He was in his wolf form at that time but then, he shifted back, I can’t even begin to explain what had happened.”
“Eric was bitten two weeks ago, he had been in the dungeon ever since then and Natasha often goes there to see him. I think she may have released him accidentally and couldn’t restrain him. But what I don’t understand is why he had come straight for Aliyah,” Aton explained.
“Dad, alpha, don’t you see what is happening here?” Sean asked. The two men glanced at him as well as everyone else and it was clear that they don’t understand. “He changed back with contact with Aliyah. Now I don’t know how she did it or how Eric must have known that she would save him but perhaps, Aliyah could be the secret ingredient to the potion. Aliyah is the key.”

Author's note
Happy new year!!! 🍾 🪅 🥳 🎊
Wishing you all the good things that comes with the year and may all our dreams be fulfilled and our prayers answered.
God bless you all  Amen. 🙏
❤❤❤