Chapter Eight - Return

3rd PoV - Just for funsies!

Thomas hums to himself while drumming a tune on the table. He feels his consciousness fading as the brunette begins to space out.  Before he falls too deep into his mind, he's snapped out of it by a shoulder bumping into him. 

Newt mouths a question, prompting a smile to grow. Thomas nods his answer, and Newt relaxes when he realizes that his friend is okay. Thomas follows in the blonde's fashion, relaxing and leaning slightly against Minho. 

The Pack chats quietly among themselves when they notice the moment between the trio. They don't want to intrude on anything. Stiles' brother had made some incredible friends and their ties were deeper than the Pack thinks they'd ever fully understand. 

It was sweet, in a way. 

Watching the three boys so deeply loyal and completely infatuated with their camaraderie. Allison couldn't help but wonder if people saw her and Lydia like that. A small voice in her head disagrees, chastising Allison for the thought. 

Her and Lydia weren't in love. Allison startled slightly at the thought. Her brown eyes slide back over to the trio and, oh. 

Oh. 

The huntress watches them for a second, how comfortable with one another. Allison smiles. It was like a puzzle piece fit into her head. She understands now. Allison looks at Scott and her smile brightens as she leans over to him and kisses his cheek gently. 

Scott looks at her in surprise, placing a hand over his cheek as he blushes. Allison giggles at his response. And Stiles, ever the third wheel, pretends to throw up as he watches the interaction. He regrets it as soon as he receives the punch to his forearm. 

Lydia rolls her eyes. "Why am I friends with you all?" "That's a great question, actually." Kira snickers. Malia stares at the kitsune with shining eyes, happy to make her girlfriend laugh. Stiles glares at them. 

"Please stop making me feel so utterly and hopelessly single. I am aware that I am bitchless. Please refrain from continuing to prove it by flaunting the bitches you have." 

Thomas smiles, listening to the conversation while he fidgets with a braided bracelet on Minho's arm. Newt chuckles as he also eavesdrops. 

Malia rolls her eyes. "I can't believe I dated you." She stares at Stiles with a deadpan expression. "Thanks." The teen huffs. "You're welcome!" She smiles before deciding to continue 'flaunting her bitches' as Stiles said and lays her head on Kira's shoulder. 

"You're way too similar to Tommy. It's scary." Newt nudges Thomas to get his attention, his words directed at Stiles. "Wait, what? Really?" Stiles gives him a very confused look. Thomas hadn't acted like him before. He didn't think. Had he? Did Stiles forget? 

"Yeah, when he's not pretending to be all brooding and dramatic." Minho chimes in, ignoring the glare he gets in response. "Tommy's way too dramatic. He could be an actor," 

"Greenie's got sass, I know." Minho ruffles Thomas' hair, earning a whine of protest. "You guys are pieces of klunk." Newt laughs, and Thomas hates the way that his laugh forces a smile onto his face. 

Newt's laugh always made Thomas smile. Minho's laugh did too. He loved seeing them happy. They deserved it. The Pack stares incredulously. 

Oh my god, they're so in love with each other it hurts. The Pack has the thought simultaneously. If they were in a cartoon, all of them would have matching sweat drops. It felt like they were witnessing something raw, something they shouldn't be seeing. 

Heads snap towards the school when a shrill bell sounds, breaking the comfortable silence. "Shit. Math." Stiles groans loudly before he dramatically drapes his body onto the table, mimicking sobs. 

Scott smiles at his best friend and shoves him slightly. "Come on, Sti. Get it over with." Stiles moans but stands up, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Dammit." Thomas feels himself smile at his brothers' antics. 

"Do you think they'd believe me if I said I didn't speak English?" Minho mumbles to Newt, and gets a slap to the arm in response. "Don't you dare." Newt shakes his head with a small chuckle. "If only I do too." 

Newt whips around to smack Thomas' arm. "Again, don't you dare." Newt glares at the two boys, prompting quiet giggles as they pack up their stuff for class. "I mean, if we just shouted Glader terms, do you think they'd believe us?" 

"No." 

"Dammit."

742 words.

A/N - So very sorry for it not having a lot of words, I've been very busy but I wanted to get a chapter out for y'all! Hope it's enjoyable, even though it's shorter than my others! 

Also, I will be updating the cover of this story when I can make a better one, I changed it after someone stole my original cover but I'm not a huge fan, so I'll just have to try again. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

- Beanstacular