Chapter Thirteen - Attempt Two

Scott PoV

I didn't sleep after our late pack meeting. Well, I slept a little bit, but it was a bad idea, it just made me more tired. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and hurried out to the school. I need to work out more. 

"Scott!" Kira calls and waves me over to the rest of the Pack, minus Stiles. He's usually the latest to arrive. I lace Allison's fingers with mine, shifting my backpack's weight to the other side. "Ready to commence Operation: Normal Humans?" 

"Are we ever?" Lydia's mouth twitches up in a small smile. "Well, let's hope we are." Allison kisses my cheek. Ugh, she's so cute. I turn my head to the side when I hear the rumbling of Roscoe. 

"Operation begins now." 

~~~~~~~ PoV Skip Brought to you by Writer's Block ~~~~~~~

Lydia PoV

I tried to act uninterested when they walked up. Being stared at a lot can be horrible, trust me; I get it. I hope they appreciate my lack of caring for their presence. Thomas had his back turned for a second and I see a flash of black along his neck. 

"Hey, Thomas, what is that?" 

I ask and he turns to me. "What's what?" "There's something on your neck." Thomas balks, face going white. "Oh. Uh. Tattoo." My eyes widen. "You have tattoos?!" Minho steps in between the two of us. "Not willingly." 

"All three of us have one." 

"Do you want them gone? A little bit of concealer can go a long way." I wiggle my hands and grin. I was also just looking for an excuse to do makeup on them. Minho would look great in eyeliner on the lower lash line. 

They look surprised at my offer. "That... would be great." Newt answers for them, giving me a small smile. "Wonderful!" I usher them to the nearest empty picnic table and rummage through my bag until I find some concealer and a sponge. 

"It might not look the best, because my shade isn't the exact same as your's, but it still can help." I pushed Thomas' head down where his chin met his chest and I begin. Slathering concealer over the tattoo, I read it. 'To be killed by Group B'. 

Holy shit. A shiver ran through my spine but I ignored it, lighting dabbing at his skin with the sponge. "This shouldn't take too long, I don't have setting spray or foundation powder with me, so it won't stay for super long, but it should be enough to last you the full day." 

"Thank you." Thomas mumbles. "Anytime! We're friends now. I help friends." I say with a smile, as I finish blending the makeup. "Ta-da, no more tattoo." I announced triumphantly. Minho and Newt lean over my shoulders to look at where Thomas' tattoo is. 

"Wow. That actually works." Newt looked surprised. "Of course. I am amazing with makeup." I brush my hair back, flipping it with a proud smile. "Alright, Minho, you're up." I usher Thomas away to work on his friend next. 

After seeing Thomas' tattoo, I was curious what the tattoos of the others were. 'The Leader', Minho's tattoo states. That one makes sense. Minho is a very loyal, protective guy. It makes sense that whoever tattooed these boys deemed him the leader of.. whatever their group was. 

I finish soon after, clicking my tongue quietly as I admire my own work. Perfect. These boys are lucky to have me. I doubt they even know what concealer is. And finally, I reach Newt. "Do you mind if I tie your hair up so I can see your neck easier?" 

The blonde shakes his head. A plain black hair tie securely fashioned his hair in a high ponytail. Newt definitely had the most hair out of the three of them. 'The Glue' is what the black ink had scarred into his skin. 

"Your hair looks good up, Newt. You can keep the hair tie if you'd like." I stopped him from taking it out. "Thanks, but no thanks." He took it out and handed me my hair tie back. My heart breaks at the loss of the wonderful ponytail I had given him. 

I'll have to convince him another day. 

"And viola, you boys are no longer tattooed." I smile at their thank you's and turn back to The Pack. My smile drops and I give Allison a look. She makes eye contact and nods. I'm so thankful I have her in the Pack, if I had given Scott that look he would've said something out loud. 

I love Allison. I loop my arm in hers. "Can I put your hair up then?" She laughs at my batting eyelashes and agrees. I twist her hair into the exact look that Newt had just a few minutes ago. "Gorgeous. I might have to steal you from Scott." I whisper to her and she giggles at Scott's crestfallen look. 

"You can try," She whispered back. "Not sure I want to be stolen though." Scott liked hearing that. I shake my head slightly. Men. Always so easy to please. "Are you three ready for your second day of Hell?" 

"School doesn't compare to Hell even in the slightest." Thomas snorts. 

In this moment, I feel eyes on my back and I turn. "Lyds?" I don't answer, narrowing my eyes in the direction where I was being stared at. Who was it? That definitely wasn't another student. Anxiety builds in my chest as my fists clench. 

Who was staring at me? "Lydia?" I turn back this time, seeing more eyes on me, but this time from my friends. "I thought I felt someone staring at me." I chew on my bottom lip, Stiles laughing. "Well, yeah. Lydia, you're one of the hottest people at our school. You're going to be stared at." 

I shrug, anxiety dissipating like smoke and I forget why I felt it in the first place. "Stiles, you flatter me. But you're right." I smile. "I guess I'm just a little on edge today." Kira nods. "I get that." 

Our conversation is ended by the sound of a bell ringing, signaling an end to the calm before the storm. "Now who's ready for a long day of teachers lecturing at us?" Malia's groan is the first one I hear, before a responding one from the rest of the group. 

"Let's go." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PoV?

Little does she know, Lydia was right to feel anxious, and even more right to have felt eyes on her. She was being watched. Lydia was also right about the calm before the storm, because things are about to get much worse for The Pack and The Ivy Trio. Much  worse.

1,105 words

A/N  Hey, all!! The next update might be a little slow. Unfortunately, I have acute tendinitis on my right wrist. I am a very active person and there's not a 100% affective way for me to solve it easily, and since I write, draw, throw javelin, and etc., it won't be easy for me to get this to go away soon. I'll still try my best to get a new chapter out soon. I'll be taking a week break, and you'll get an update in 2 weeks. 

Thank you for all of your support! :]