Home

Your POV

Age: 16

You were laying in your bed, looking up at the ceiling. There were loud shouts outside that prevented you from taking a longer sleep. It was the ninja training outside. Surprisingly, it wasn't video games. They seemed like the lazy type to you, until the serpentine proved their existence.

You changed into your silver gi.

You went outside and watched the ninja train in the courtyard. Zane was meditating near the middle of the chaos and Jay was swinging around his nunchucks deflecting arrows. Cole attacked a wooden figure while Kai was practising his Spinjitzu.

Zane suddenly jumped up and distracted Jay. He grabbed Cole's scythe in a flash and attacked the dummies. He used his Spinjitzu to freeze the whole course, making Kai slip and fall.

"This'll take forever to defrost." you muttered, standing up and walking over to the other three ninja without slipping.

"This roof isn't big enough for the four of us." Kai grumbled.

"Correction, this roof isn't big enough for him." Cole said. The four of you watched Zane in his Spinjitzu.

Jay sighed. "It's like he's in his own world. I bet he CAN'T EVEN HEAR US!" 

You shrugged. "He's just training." 

Sensei Wu entered the training area.

"Sensei, Zane's... weird."

Wu looked intrigued. "What is weird? Someone who is different or someone who is different then you?"

"No Sensei. He's weird weird." Cole emphasised.

Flashbacks:

Cole's POV

I was in the bathroom, minding my own business on the toilet and reading a newspaper. Zane walked in without any problem and began to comb his hair.

Embarrassed, Cole raised his voice at Zane. "Do you mind?!" 

Jay's POV

I sat beside Nya and Zane, watching a sad movie.

"Goodbye, my darling." a man on the TV said.

Zane started laughing during the sad scene, which made Nya and I glare at him.

Kai's POV

At night, I go down to the kitchen for a midnight snack. As I open the fridge, I see Zane sitting in the fridge.

"Ah! Holy bolonga!" I exclaimed.

Zane looked mildly confused. "I'm sorry, I consumed the last of the deli meat." He holds out a piece of cheese. "Cheese?"

Your POV

You were taking a nap in your pitch black room until it was interrupted by someone walking in.

You sat upright and aimed an arrow at the intruder before you realised it was Zane.

"Oh hello Y/n. I was just getting a hairpin for Nya." Zane switched on the lights. You felt blinded at the flash.

"I don't have... any hairpins." you muttered, still thinking he was a ghost that came to haunt you in the middle of the day.

"My apologies." Zane exited the room. You calmed your heart rate and sank back in your sheets before realising you had to switch off the lights again.

End of flashbacks

"We like the guy. He's really smart. He's just... a little off sometimes." Kai stated uncertainly.