Book 3: A Kingdom of Roses and Magic - Chapter 120

About fifteen minutes later, we went into the dining room, my lips red and sore and my face blushing hot.

The moment we entered, hand in hand no less, Aaron said, "I have an announcement to make."

Instantly, heads and eyes turned our way. With everyone's attention on us, Aaron continued. "Alfie and I are officially together now. So no more stealing her away from me, and that means you, Felix!"

Felix eyed us for a moment and then merely burst out laughing. Meanwhile, Geoffrey chuckled with amusement, and Lord Victor nodded in approval.

Caleb said, "You finally made the move."

"Congratulations," Aria and Brenna said in unison.

Leona clapped her hands.

Lord Ethan got up from his seat and came toward us. Once in front of us, he said, "About time. I thought I would have to wait for centuries for my turn to come."

Suddenly, the man pulled me into his arms and planted his lips on mine, which pissed Aaron off, and he snapped, "Oy! What the hell are you doing to Alfie?"

Lord Ethan's lips were firm and warm against mine and tasted like black coffee, which was a little bitter.

When the man finally released me, he said, "I was waiting for my turn to have a taste of Alfie's lips, and it seems she's as sweet as I suspected."

From the table, Lord Victor said in amusement, "You're being unfair, Ethan. You're skipping the queue. It's supposed to be Noah after Aaron and then me and then you."

Lord Ethan said arrogantly, "I decided a while ago that I'd jump that blasted nonexistent queue. If Aaron hadn't made his move by the time we landed in Wulin, I'd be taking his spot and claiming Alfie as mine."

Gosh, I didn't know that the seven lords had lined themselves up to claim me. Was I supposed to be a prize to them or something?

Aaron wrapped his hand around my wrist and nudged me away from Lord Ethan. Then he led me to sit on a seat beside him. Breakfast was delicious and the conversations entertaining, as usual.

An hour later, we'd finished our morning meal and headed over to the first floor of the airship where the gym was located. Of course, Lord Noah had work to do, so he would not be joining us, which wasn't surprising.

The girls and I headed over to the female room where we changed into our gym gear of black sweatpants, T-shirts, and magic trainers, of which I had a hand in helping with the design a few weeks back with Aaron, Leona, and the textile department team. After all, I wanted my own sportswear to be as comfortable as possible, and I had sneakily suggested implementing the earthling sportswear style and technology, the parts that I knew, into the new training uniform.

Once we were changed, we met up with the six lords—Geoffrey, Felix, Caleb, Aaron, Victor, and Ethan—in the gym, and needless to say, all six of them looked stunning with their own gym gear that I had insisted they wear when they did their training. They wore black sweatpants, sweatshirts, and magic trainers. They all would have looked exactly like sports models, with their toned, muscular bodies, if only they didn't wear their masks. To be sure, they looked a little weird, and I couldn't help but smile in amusement.

Felix grabbed my hand as he asked, "What do you find so amusing, little elf?" he asked. "Do we look unusual in these new training garments?"

I shook my head. "No, you all look fine."

Leona stretched her body this way and that as if to test her new garments for durability or something, then said, "I must admit, this feels very comfortable. I like it, Alfie."