Book 3: A Kingdom of Roses and Magic - Chapter 136

Aaron nudged me a little about the waist, and I fell into his arms, my backside landing on his lap. He tightened his arms around me as he said, "You produced so much nectar that it needed all seven of us to erase your qi nectar and ease your heat."

I could only stare at him.

All seven of them? Good Lord!

I felt hot with embarrassment from head to toe at hearing this. I couldn't believe all seven lords had...

I swallowed hard, my body shaking.

Felix, naturally, chuckled in amusement at my shocked reaction. I turned to give him a good scowl in annoyance.

"It's not funny," I said tightly. "I'm really embarrassed. Now how am I supposed to face them? I mean, it's okay with you two and, of course, Geoffrey and Caleb. But it's different with Lords Noah, Victor, and Ethan."

Aaron said, "If you want to know the truth, Alfie, even Noah, Victor, and Ethan enjoyed easing your heat." He gave me a devilish grin that made me suspicious. "Though, Ethan was against it at first and even refused to enter your cabin."

"Did he now?" I asked, not surprised at all. The fact that the three lords enjoyed taking care of me must be a lie. I had no doubt about it. Felix was teasing me, I decided.

"Well, I wouldn't blame him," I said. "I personally don't think it's fun to ease a girl's heat and—"

"Now, how about something to eat?" Felix cut me short. "You haven't had anything substantial for two days."

His comment distracted me from what I was saying.

I asked, "Did I actually eat during those two days while I was in heat? I'm surprised."

Aaron nodded. "When a demon lord's mate is in heat, she can function normally—well, almost, except for the fact that she's in heat and won't remember much after it's all over. Of course, we helped feed you."

Did he just emphasize the word feed? Did this mean I was so out of it that I was like a toddler who didn't know how to eat by herself?

Again, I felt my face flushing hot with embarrassment.

I wriggled in his arms so that he'd let me go. "About that breakfast. I'll clean myself up, get dressed, and we can go down."

"There's no need," Felix said.

I turned to him. "To what?"

"To get dressed." He smiled darkly as his eyes roved over me. "You're enchanting in that nightgown, darling."

I blushed severely, feeling self-conscious again. I asked, "Who put it on me?"

"I believe it was Geoffrey. Or was it Caleb? Does it matter? All that matters is that you look great in it."

I guessed it didn't matter, but I kind of hoped it was either Ruth or one of the girls who had undressed and then dressed me.

Speaking of which...

"Where's Aria and everyone else?" I asked.

The door opened then, and Lord Ethan walked in with a large silver tray in his hands. He said, "They're not here. Obviously, they can't enter, let alone see the place."

I was confused by what he meant and asked, "Why can't they enter here?"

Wherever and whatever this place is.

The man placed the tray on the coffee table and then lifted the lid.

Voila! Delicious-looking sustenance greeted me enticingly. I instantly started salivating at the sight of the fare.