Book 3: A Kingdom of Roses and Magic - Chapter 130

The Forbidden Forest Palace

Once Geoffrey had terminated the telepathy chat, Lord Aslan McTavish, the king of the Forbidden Forest, proceeded in connecting with Kirkwood, his butler overseeing Rosehaven.

"My lord." The man's voice came through. "It's a pleasure hearing from you, sir. It has been a long time."

"It has been a long time indeed, Kirkwood. When was the last time?"

The butler said, "Around five years ago, sir."

"Ahh." Aslan chuckled. "That long ago, eh?"

"Indeed, sir," the butler said.

Aslan didn't beat about the bush. He instructed, "Prepare Rosehaven for the lords of Acaedien, Kirkwood. They will be landing there within the next few hours."

"Yes, my lord," the butler said and didn't seem surprised at all at the very short notice. "Rosehaven is always prepared and ready for any unexpected visitation."

"As usual, you're proficient, Kirkwood."

"Thank you, my lord."

"I'll be making my visit within the next couple of days with Lilly," Aslan said. "Once the lords of Acaedien have sorted out their problem—which I believe you know what it is."

"Yes, my lord. I can smell the scent miles away. It's getting close. I will send my staff to check the perimeter to ensure no dark beast has gone mad due to the scent."

"Do that," Aslan said. "And erect another set of barriers as an extra precaution."

"Aye, my lord," Kirkwood replied, and a moment later, after Kirkwood had reported some other minor details of Rosehaven, they disconnected.

Aslan used Silent Move and shifted from the location of his chamber and appeared in front of a massive, elegant door. He knocked in a rhythm of three, and a gentle voice called out, "Come in."

Aslan opened the door and entered the room. On the other side, a beautiful young woman with silver hair was sitting on the floor by the magical open fireplace, a book in her hands.

"Lilly, my love," Aslan said as he approached her.

The girl looked up at the sound of his voice. She gave him a smile. "Hello, Aslan. Are you done with work?"

"Mm-hmm." He came to sit on the cushion beside her. Because he couldn't help himself, he pulled her into his arms and onto his lap.

Lilly put the book down on the floor and then wrapped her arms over his massive shoulders and around his muscular neck. She licked her lips and then asked, "So I was just wondering, Aslan, if we could go out of the city for a wee picnic tomorrow or something. I've discussed it with Ria, you know, and she said the villages in the country are very beautiful."

Aslan tightened his arms around his beloved Lilly, the reincarnation of his previous wife Bella. Since she had been born in a small village across another realm about nineteen years ago, Aslan could sense her soul and, hence, her pure qi, an orb of white energy bursting brightly within her being. Of course, Lilly herself had yet to find that out, and Aslan himself had no desire yet to inform her of who she was, her past life, and what she and her power were capable of.

Lilly was his beauty, his beloved, and he'd keep her hidden and protect her from the dark beast desiring her qi.

"I'm glad you bring that up, my love," he said, his finger fondly stroking her cheek. "What do you say we visit one of my other estates before we depart for Wulin?"

Lilly brightened immediately. "Really? We're visiting one of your other estates? When? What is it called? How long are we staying there?"

Aslan chuckled at Lilly's enthusiastic questions. He said, "We'll depart within the next couple days. The estate is called Rosehaven. We won't stay long. A couple of days tops, since we have to leave for Wulin."