Chapter 7

I woke up feeling somewhat thrilled. I didn't know what was the reason behind it but just went with the flow anyway.

'I don't really wanna admit the reason behind it..'

Before heading to bed, me and Ran continued to talk about how we'll meet up for today. He said he can pick me up from my hotel to go back to Monza.

Though, I told him I could just take the train so he wouldn't feel tired for the practice match, but he refused.

Dramatically.

I reluctantly agreed since he couldn't stop talking about he had to take care of me to make up for his mistakes, and also because he promised my brother he'll keep me and send me back in one piece.

I was going to meet him around 12pm so we could get to Monza before 1pm. I decided to wear something simple so I put on a white shirt and a pair of jeans.

An outfit you could always trust and rely on.

I put on a few jewelry pieces to at least look a bit presentable. I grabbed a hoodie, just in case it gets cold in the arena, and also brought my shoulder bag that had my essentials in it.

After checking everything, my bag and my hotel room to see if everything is safely hidden away, I finally received a message from Ran.

Ran: Hey!

Ran: I'm here :)

I suddenly rushed out my room and pressed the button to the elevator. I was fidgeting around my place when I realized what I was doing.

'Why did I just get excited..'

I calmed myself down and went inside the elevator.

Finally walking in the lobby, I head towards the door and went outside. I looked for a moment when I suddenly saw him in the corner, on his phone while leaning onto the car.

He looked rather cool, to be honest.

I ran up to him when I reminded myself to behave, making me walk slowly and more poise.

'Stop it, Rika!'

He quickly noticed me and waved. I waved back.

"Hey Rika!" He greeted.

"Hello!" I greeted back, smiling at him.

"Glad that you were free today." He smiled, ruffling my hair.

He ruffled it a bit too much, making me swat his hand away from my head.

"Well, there goes my hair.." I groaned.

He laughed at me as I fixed his mess.

We finally entered the car and made our way to Monza.

Upon entering the car, the atmosphere was manageable. The music from the radio eased my nerves and the scenery distracted me from talking to him. He asked a few questions about myself, asking as if we didn't know each other.

'And, maybe we actually didn't know each other too well..'

He knew that I was into theater when I was a kid but didn't expect it to be my profession and career.

As I explained to him my job and my works, all he could say were praises which threw me off guard. 

"Rika, that's amazing.." He said, adoration shown in his voice.

As we came to a halt due to a stop light, he turned his head towards me. His eyes bore into mine as I let myself get sucked in.

"I'm so proud of you.. I hope you know that." He smiled.