Chapter 11

I woke up with my head pounding in pain. I groaned, feeling that everything was still spinning from last night. 

I continuously rolled over but suddenly felt that I was laying on a mattress. I pried my eyes open, fighting the discomfort that I was in.

Upon opening my eyes, I looked over the nightstand to see a manga collection standing proudly. 

It was a One Piece manga collection.

'Who has a One Piece manga collection by their nightstand? What an otaku..'

"Shit.." I widened my eyes, realizing where I was.

I sat up, immediately holding my head to soothe the pain. I pushed myself off the bed, trying my best to walk towards the door. Before I could even reach it, the door suddenly bursted open, revealing Ran with a glass of water in his hand. 

We both widen our eyes but the pain in my head made me wobble as I held the wall for support. 

Ran immediately caught me and pulled me towards the bed, sitting me down.

"Why did you get up when you're still feeling dizzy.. So stubborn." He scolded me as I groaned.

"Too early to be scolded at, Mr. Takahashi.." I muttered in my groggy voice.

He handed me the water as I gladly took it from him, drinking it with no hesitation. 

After chugging the liquid, Ran took the glass from me. I massaged my temples, easing the headache. 

"What do you want to eat?" Ran asked.

"Anything... Do you have ice?" I requested.

He nodded his head and went outside of the room. I followed after him, feeling much better with the water I drank. Without looking, I grabbed a chair and sat myself down. I opened my eyes, seeing myself on the dining table. I placed my head on the table, patiently waiting.

"Should I put it in a bowl?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Yes please.. Thank you.." I muttered under my breath.

After a few moments, I felt something was placed near my head. I opened my eyes to see a bowl filled with ice and water. I sat straight and faced his way.

"Dunk your head in the cold water, it should help." He instructed.

"Thank you.. Sorry to be a bother.." I bowed at him.

"No, no.. You're good." He waved his hands, as he walked back to the kitchen.

"I'll make some miso soup.. Just stay put." He said, giving me a glance.

I gave him a thumbs up and placed my head in the bowl. 

After holding my breath under the cold water, I lifted my head up and let out a breath. I opened my eyes and realized I had no towel to wipe my face but soon noticed that there was a face towel ready on the table. I peaked over to see Ran's back facing me as he continued to whip something up in the kitchen. 

I gladly took the towel and patted the water off of my face. After doing so, I noticed that the living room area was a bit of a mess. Multiple cans were on the table but they neatly lined up for some reason. 

'What the hell happened last night?'

Suddenly, flashbacks of the events last night started popping in my head making it throb. I dunk my head back in water to soothe it. 

"Am I dreaming? How did we end up in this situation?"