Chapter 10 (Ran)

I sipped on remaining beer then placed the empty can on the table. Rika's contagious giggles made me chuckle. 

"Thennnnn! Ryouta slammed his face on the door! You should've seen it!" She laughed as she slapped the couch.

She was drunk. I know that.

I was tipsy. I also know that.

Her disheveled hair, her blushing face made me stare and I thought;

'Wow.. She's so pretty.'

I always had a thing with long hair, even back in high school, so I don't know whether she's more beautiful now because her hair grew or if it's because we're both adults, we know 'certain' things, unlike back then. 

'Though she was already cute with her short hair..'

I leaned my elbow on top of the back pillows as I held my head with my hand for support. I continued to stare like nothing in the world mattered. I never thought that I'd continue to look at her this way.

'Even when Ryouta and I fought because of you..'

"But you weren't there to see it..." She suddenly said, solemnly.

Her mood quickly changed as she kept her head down.

I didn't know what took over me. Maybe it was the alcohol? Or maybe because this was something that I wanted to do for so long.

"Hey.. I'm sorry.. I truly apologize." I said lifting her chin up.

All of a sudden, she climbed on top of me. Her legs on either side of mine as her arms were wrapped around my neck, making my nose meet her hair.

'Oh God, she smells good..'

"I missed you so bad.." She sobbed.

I froze for a moment, contemplating whether I should push her off or not. I decided to comfort her for the time being, rubbing the back of her head and her lower back.

"I.."

"I missed you too.." I breathed out.

She slowly pulled away, making her sit on top of an area that I, as a man, has no control of.

'Rika.. Shit..'

Her arms were still wrapped around me as my hands rested on her hips.

"Am I dreaming? How did we end up in this situation?" She slurred.

I looked at her eyes, feeling myself get hot. 

Silence filled the space but all I could hear was my heart beating so fast and I just hoped she couldn't hear it. 

My grip started to tighten as I stared at her lips. 

I know my limits when it comes to alcohol and I also know that I wasn't drunk. 

'So why do I feel like I'm drunk right now..'

The space between us got closer as I swallowed a lump in my throat. I looked up at her and noticed she was staring at my lips.

I felt something inside me snap as I almost closed the space between us when all of a sudden she whispered;

"I think it's a dream.." She looked up at me.

I widened my eyes in horror.

"Shit.." She muttered.

I quickly pushed her away, gently placing her down back on the couch.

"S-sorry.. I'll wash up now.." I said, looking away from her.

Without hesitation, I went to the bathroom and locked the door.

I let out a deep breath and calmed myself. I looked down to see my friend awake.

"Fuck.. Really?" I groaned. 

I slid down, sitting on the bathroom floor.

I almost kissed her. I took advantage of her. She probably doesn't feel that way anymore so what came over me. 

I scratched the back of my head feeling annoyed at myself.

Suddenly my phone buzzed from my back pocket. I fished it out and noticed a message from her.

Honoka: babe..

Honoka: i miss you so much <3

'I'm the biggest asshole in the world right now.'