34. The Potters

Sirius Black

Saturday, 19th August 1972.

Edinburgh

"James! Watch out!", Sirius yelled just in time for James to pay attention to his left and dodge the spell coming his way. They both crouched behind large stone, trying to get their breathing under control.

James took his wand out and started to draw their plan of action in the dirt, "Okay, listen. I will take the left side and you can take the right. Try to be as quiet as possible, we can use the element of surprise.", Sirius nodded in understanding so the boy with glasses lifted his head towards the greenery surrounding them, "You see these two trees?", he pointed at them, one was on the left and the other on the right.

Once Sirius gave another nod, James drew the trees on his dirt map, "I'll be behind that one and you hide behind this one. I will give you a sign and then we attack. It will be like killing two birds with one stone. Understood?"

"Understood."

Being as quiet as possible, Sirius creeped away from the stone the two hid behind. There was a lot of bushes, so it was fairly easy to stay hidden, but he had to make sure to not make a sound. He moved like a panther, wherever Sirius placed a hand, his leg followed. Finally, the tree James talked about was right in front of him.

Sirius sneaked behind it and rose from the ground, hidden by the thick trunk. There were muffled sounds and leaf rustling coming from the space between his and James' positions. Sirius slowly peeked his head in that direction, looking for his target. Once his eyes locked on the familiar head of hair, he started immediately searching for James.

There he was. Just like agreed, James' glasses peeked behind the left tree, giving him the "On three" look. Sirius nodded and the two started the count down together.

"One", both of them gave a single nod to each other, "Two", another nod, "Three"

Sirius exposed himself from behind the tree trunk and pointed his wand at the small boy in front of him whose eyes were full of fear. At the same time, he and James yelled, "Invenire"

Shining balls of light left the tips of their wands and flew towards their targets in such speed that moments later, two boys in front of them were hit and fell on the ground.

"Nice one, James!", Sirius yelled to his partner while dusting the dirt from his pants. He heard James' victorious voice yell out to him as well, "Nice one, Sirius!"

Sirius gave him a thumbs up accompanied with a huge grin and made his way towards the fallen boys. Once there, he extended his hand to the one he knocked down, "You okay, Pete?"

Peter took his hand and Sirius pulled him up, "Yeah, just shocked. How did you sneak on us? We were so careful.", he was rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, my friend, it wouldn't be fair to tell you. Maybe we can use the same tactic next time.", he winked at Peter. Then Sirius' gaze fell on laughing James and Remus. It looked like James was on the same page as he about giving away their secret resulting in a punch to the arm from Remus.

After Remus and Peter composed themselves, the Marauders made their way to the exit of the fake forest. Fleamont was waiting for them just outside the big, black door, "That was amazing you two! Great planning and execution.", he high-fived James and Sirius, "Remus, Peter, you as well! You almost had them before these two sneaks hid behind that big rock.", he then high-fived the other two Marauders.

They were in a playroom called Team up and Eliminate up James told them about that morning.

Basically, you could book an appointment to play something similar to a game of tag inside the fake forest. You split into teams and get fake wands that can only do one spell, invenire. Then, the team who tags all of the opposite team members wins.