Lost

"Let's try our best first," Selene shook her head at me, as if sighing at having such an unreliable angel. She retreated to the side and used water element magic to slowly heal Gavin's injuries.

After healing all these ten-plus people one by one over the course of a few hours, I finally breathed a sigh of relief and sat down heavily on a chair.

I took a few breaks in between. The situation was actually much better than I had imagined. I didn't even feel particularly tired anywhere up to now.

Mainly because I had repeated the same magic over a dozen times, it felt as tiring as copying the same essay dozens of times.

"Don't bring any more people. Leave the rest to the church support," I quickly stopped Sister Hila when I saw her about to come over to speak to me. The other patients' families thanked me and took their loved ones home one by one. I was afraid she would send another dozen people over to me.

"No, it's late now. I wanted to ask if Miss Angel needs dinner prepared?"

Dinner? Is it that late already?

Although the treatment here was not bad, and I was actually quite hungry, I wanted to return as soon as possible now, afraid that Nicola would worry...

Ha, as if she would worry! I suddenly felt I was too naive. If she was worried, she wouldn't have disappeared yesterday.

"What about you?"

I looked back at Selene, asking her opinion.

"Eat! Why wouldn't I eat! I'm starving," She stood up the moment she heard food mentioned and walked towards the inner chamber.

"Do you have a place where I can rest? I want to take a nap, wake me up when dinner is ready."

Hey! Weren't we supposed to go back after healing everyone? I stretched my hand out towards her disappearing back...

Oh well, it wouldn't delay us too much time anyway. I had Sister Hila hurriedly prepare dinner. We could return immediately after eating.

While dinner was being prepared, I went outside alone for some fresh air.

There were still not many people on the streets at this time, but I clearly felt that the concentration of dark elements in the air had actually started to increase.

What was going on? Could it be because night had fallen? But that shouldn't happen.

I immediately returned to the church and pulled Selene straight out of bed from an inner room.

"What are you doing! Can't even let me rest a while!"

Having just fallen asleep not long ago, she was still a little unhappy, thinking that I was rushing her to move on.

"It's not that. Something's happened." I grabbed her hand and brought her outside the house. By now, the concentration of dark elements in the air had risen a few more levels, and it seemed to still be continuously increasing.

"What is going on!" Selene's expression changed. She had also felt it.

"Can you feel it? The aura is coming from all directions."

I spread my wings and flew into the air above the town. Looking down from above, although I couldn't see clearly into the dark forest surroundings, I didn't sense any movement, unlike beasts being around.

Still feeling uneasy, I specifically flew around the vicinity in a circle, but still no abnormalities.

"It's really so strange," I relayed what I saw in the sky to Selene after landing. She was increasingly puzzled about the source of those inexplicable dark elements.