Vol 3/Chapter 59 Reed's Good Deed

"Third place: Aria, 10 minutes 57 seconds."

"..."

Alright, I guessed wrong again.

"Haha, you're amazing to get second place!"

Aria gave me a bright smile after hearing her ranking.

"Ha...you too, I didn't realize we were only one second apart..."

I didn't know how to describe my feelings at this moment. She was also unfathomable.

"Fourth place: Rosalia, 10 minutes 59 seconds."

...

The rest of the rankings were no longer important. It was worth mentioning that the light elf who came in last had a particularly poor score as if she hadn't succeeded in destroying her own "Dark Element Sphere" when time was up.

"The above are the competition results for all contestants..."

After the chief referee read them out, she did not immediately announce the end but turned his head to face the first-place winner instead.

"But this may not necessarily be the final result, because there is an important question I want to ask Phoebe clearly—how did you pull off the high-level spell 'Lost Paradise Blast' at the end without chanting?"

"Here it comes!"

I was startled. As expected, the referee would not easily let go of this irregularity. It all depended on how Phoebe explained it.

"According to the report from your assistant referee, she didn't feel any elements flowing in your body for that final blow. Instead, she discovered that the light elements needed to condense the magic all came from your right arm..."

Seeing that she did not answer immediately, the chief referee continued to press her.

"For fairness, please show everyone your arm!"

"Alright..."

The laconic angel Phoebe finally spoke for the first time, slowly nodding her head and pulling up the sleeve of her right robe.

"I had a high-level spell pre-stored in here."

"That's...a magic circle!"

Everyone present immediately started discussing it upon seeing it. Of course, a magic circle wasn't that unusual, but what was impressive was that Phoebe had engraved this magic circle on her arm. This made it a bit difficult to determine if it counted as using a prop.

"What's going on with your arm? Isn't a magic circle strictly speaking not your ability?"

The chief referee frowned, probably also encountering this situation for the first time.

Looking at the angel's slender arm, how big could a magic circle engraved on it be?

"But I have this magic circle tattooed on me, without using any scrolls as a medium, and I plan to keep it permanently. So it can't be considered external aid, right?"

Phoebe argued reasonably. To be honest, she was already exploiting loopholes in the rules. If one followed this line of reasoning, wouldn't tattooing magic circles all over the body guarantee first place every time? But there was no help for it, Edenmere's Martial Arts Tournament had only been held twice, so loopholes were inevitable.

"But to my knowledge, magic circles capable of containing high-level magic are generally impossible to miniaturize to this degree, it's simply unheard of! Are you sure it came from this magic circle?"

However, the chief referee's concern was not on this point. Judging by the angel's slender arm, how large an area could a tattooed magic circle occupy on it?