Dream

"Feliciana, you don't have to fight Camille's whip head on. Remember how Brennan used his whole body as weapons? Be creative!" Adrian shouted encouragement from below.

"Huh?" I was confused by his sudden advice and didn't fully understand. But Camille's long whip came lashing towards me again, leaving no time to think.

This time I intentionally kept more distance, avoiding a direct clash. Relying on the Purify spell's unreliability, I barely managed to avoid getting hit.

Of course, my companions on the ground also helped. Whenever Camille tried something nasty, there would always be arrows shot over to disrupt her moves. She easily dodged them, but it did annoy her.

However, the difference in our power levels was difficult to overcome. After a few exchanges, history repeated itself with my longsword tangled up in her whip again.

"What will you do now?" Confident she could disarm me again, Camille flew above while pulling her whip backwards. From that vantage point she could watch for attacks from below while my companions' support would be less effective.

But I didn't want to rely on my friends twice in the same situation. Adrian's earlier reminder made me realize what he meant.

If I can't overpower her pull, I'll just go a different direction!

Taking advantage when she pulled the hardest, I suddenly flapped my wings upwards, stabbing my whip-entangled sword towards her.

Camille stumbled back several meters in surprise, barely managing to flap her wings sideways to dodge my attack. But in that split second, two small spheres of light from below struck her.

"Ahhhhh!" She screamed as she plunged from the sky. Although far more powerful than the Face Flies, she barely managed to steady herself before hitting the water.

"Who shot those Purify spells!" She looked down at us in panic, thinking someone else had sneak attacked since she saw me stabbing with both hands.

"It was me!" I called back, casually kicking another light sphere towards her.

"You can cast Purify with your feet?" Camille cried out in surprise, as if seeing that for the first time.

She was similar to me, lacking battle experience despite her fifth-tier power. She had the strength but didn't know how to utilize it well.

Adrian's reminder about Brennan made me suddenly understand.

"You tricky angel! I shouldn't have let you escape before!" Camille angrily summoned the black spheres from earlier to absorb my incoming shots. But I had already lifted my sword, slicing towards her again.

From now on I would be on the offensive, deeply realizing attack was the best defense. Her speed was remarkable, always finding gaps between my spells and strikes to dodge.

But while avoiding me, she couldn't also evade the others. Another arrow shot up from below, followed by a jet of water.

Unable to fully dodge both incoming attacks in her flustered state, Camille barely twisted away from the arrow only to get splashed in the shoulder by the water jet.

That jet felt incredibly powerful, like a super-soaker. It moved as fast as the arrow despite being shot later, blasting a bloody hole in the succubus' shoulder. It didn't fully penetrate but still hurt a lot.

"Got her!" Eleanora excitedly punched the air down below. That water blast must have come from her. My first time seeing water magic used offensively.

"Ganging up isn't fair!" Camille clutched her wounded left shoulder. The bleeding was slowing so she seemed to be recovering, but more slowly than Claudia.