21 | E

Emmanuelle

"I'm going to be so sore tomorrow." I breathed out.

"Here," Dimitri picked me up in bridal-style, gently placing me in bed. 

"What time is it?" I had yet to come down from my high. 

"Almost five." He sat on my side, placing soft kisses on my left shoulder.

"I have to get ready to pick up Dom."

"I'll take you," Dimitri spoke with his lips still against my skin.

"No," I shook my head. "I'll ask Emillio."

"He's busy, I'll take you." 

When I sat up, the kisses stopped. "I don't think Marissa will like that."

He sighed, "I need to talk to her. She isn't returning any of my calls and not replying to my texts."

I went quiet, we had yet to converse about this issue. And no, as amazing as the sex was, I had not forgotten what happened. "Why did you hit her?"

A crease appeared on his forehead, "I—" he looked away, "I made a mistake. It'll never happen again."

"You didn't answer my question."

He leaned forward, his arms rested on his knees. "I had a lot going on that day. Marissa's reaction, it brought out the worse in me."

I scoffed, "And if next time you have a lot going on, do I need to be afraid?"

"What?" He looked both, offended and hurt. "Why would you think that? I'd never hurt you." His hand reached for mine. 

"Why do you want her to move back here? As gigantic as this house is, have you stopped to think that maybe all Marissa wants is space. Cause, let's face it; as long as she lives under the same roof as you," I caressed his face, "She'll never really be free." The truth hurts, but Dimitri needed the truth. For far too long, everyone around him had been dancing to the sounds of his music, doing what he wanted and expected them to do. If he really changed in the five years we spent apart, then he would agree with me on this, I thought to myself.

"I—" He groaned when he was interrupted by his phone. The name Celeste appeared on the screen. He declined the call and turned to me, however, the ringing started again.

"Pick up. It seems urgent." I pushed myself out of the bed, waddle walking to the bathroom to freshen up. I felt sticky and sweaty. When I came back into the room, Dimitri was still on the phone. 

"I'll collect it before 5.30." Were the last words he said before he hung up. "Are you good?" 

I could feel him gloat over the waddle walk I did and the sweat I had to break to change into my clothes, so I ignored him and gathered my stuff. He followed me out. Lorna was in the living room picking up after Dom, who had had turned the place into a playroom.

"Lorna, I'm so sorry for leaving everything. I fell asleep." A guilty feeling washed over me. I started picking up a few things and throwing them into his toy basket.

She shook her head, dismissively waving her hand at me. "No problem."

"Thank you. I'll tell Dom to clean after himself."

"Yes," she looked at me differently; smiling like she knew something I did not. "Next time," she leaned towards me until our shoulders touched, "Not so loud." She giggled.

OH MY GOD....

My hands covered my face out of embarrassment. 

"Sorry you had to hear that, Lorna." Dimitri who joined us, was just in time to overhear our conversation. He pulled me towards him, grinning. "We'll be less loud next time, right darling." He placed a kiss against my temple. "Going to pick up Dom. Emillio will be taking you home." Dimitri walked us to the front door.