Mischief, Mayhem, and Missing Nessa

𐙚ྀ˙✧˖°⋆。˚───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────˚。⋆✧જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩

Amber's pov:

Kevin's presence unsettles me to the core, my thoughts whirl in a storm of conflicting emotions. I don't understand why he would show up like this and put himself in potential danger.

It's been so long since I saw him. All the joy and happiness I expected to feel dissipates, replaced by a cold demeanour, concealing my true feelings.

He shouldn't be here.

What if?

My heart races, torn between wanting to be happy about seeing him and anxiety about what his presence might mean.

He was so angry.

I've always been capable of concealing my emotions and so I do what I do best. I turn my composure to confront him, keeping my voice firm, yet my heart is wrestling with complex emotions which no one needs to know.

"What are you doing here?" my tone came out sharper than I intended it, masking my expression veiling my vulnerability. My mind races with questions, seeking an explanation for his appearance in this party.

It's not an ordinary party. The party of Cole'n group, best party of the year apparently. It's almost like a summit for a few companies.

In response, Kevin maintains a small, seemingly innocent smile. His relaxed demeanour hints at a carefree attitude that I find both endearing and infuriating at the same time. It's as if he's oblivious to the turmoil he's unintentionally causing. Well he's always been like this anyways. Innocent and pure with his intentions. I wonder if he's still the same. I wonder if that part is still alive in him.

I look around at the faces of others and find the atmosphere seems to have thickened, as if two forces are colliding—one's desire to protect him from any potential danger, and the other, Kevin's presence, drawing attention like a magnet. His presence seems to disrupt the balance I had achieved, and suddenly I struggle to maintain my stoic facade.

Everyone's looking.

The group we had just met has also shifted their focus to him.

His unwavering composure in the face of my sternness only adds to my bewilderment.

Dennis and Ray might shy away from my intensity, but Kevin, his unyielding presence is a stark contrast.

It's evident that he isn't afraid of me, which, in a peculiar way, both surprises and intrigues me.

When will he change?

When will you start listening to me? I ask in my head.

"You know, I expected a much warmer greeting than that, Amy. You could do better," he quips, maintaining his nonchalant demeanour. Always a tease. He always breaks my wall like it's nothing to him and even now I find my anger being washed away. There's something about him that always manages to disarm me, even when I intend to stay firm.

How can I not? It has been years since our last encounter, and the memory lingers—his face a canvas of anger and profound sadness.

"Besides," he continues, raising an eyebrow mischievously, "We know we're too precious to each other, aren't we?" The smile on his lips grows, and I can't help but find his amusement infectious. I try to hide it, but my anger begins to wane, replaced by a mix of emotions I can't quite decipher.