Chapter 7: Shadows of the party

𐙚ྀ˙✧˖°⋆。˚───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────˚。⋆✧જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩

Daniel's pov:

What the heck? A Jurassic World simulation? Is this girl out of her mind? Sam is injured, Nessa is missing, and we're dealing with dinosaurs?

I can't deal with Amber right now.

I glance at her horrified face, prompting me to look back as well.

To say it's horrific would be an understatement.

What went wrong? Why is Mia in such a state? And why are Eric and Ella—

Well, that's normal for them, anyway. Kevin and Ray look like they've been through a battle and lost. 

People are forming conga lines.

Ah, now I get it.

Mia despises being pushed into doing things she doesn't want to. Especially if it's  dance.

She probably didn't want to join the conga line, and Ella must be saving her from it, while Eric insisted on going.

Typical.

But what about these two?

"Any idea why they're like this? I mean your friends, Ray and Kevin?" I ask Amber.

"I have the right not to reply, right?" she responds, her tone cold.

"Fine," I brush off the topic. I don't want to push her further, and I'm not in the mood to argue with her. I have Sam to take care of and find Nessa.

"Can you walk?" I ask Sam, brushing the bruised part carefully. He must be in a lot of pain.

"Yeah, I can," he replies.

Dumbass..

"No, you can't," I retort, trying to be stern while anxiety creeps in. "Don't try to be strong. Just be honest. It's better than hiding your pain, just say as it feels, at least not from me, alright bud?" I ruffle his hair, and he gives me a soft smile, nodding.

"It hurts a little. More than a little," he admits, looking at Amber.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. It was so dark. I'm really sorry," now she panics a little.

"Let's go to the doctor and get you treated right away," I suggest.

"Doctor?" Amber seems shocked, examining Sam's ankles. "It's just a bruise."

Just a bruise?

"Madam, I don't think you understand what you're saying. He got hurt because of you, and I lost my niece. Instead of helping me take him to the doctor, you're telling me it's just a bruise?" I'm appalled. "What do you mean just a bruise?" If my tone sounded a bit comical then it's not my fault it's the seriousness of the things she doesn't understand and I might've said everything very fast.

"It's a bruise, not surgery," she responds, crossing her arms. "All you need is an ointment. You don't have to go to the doctor for that. Since he got hurt because of me, I'll get the ointment or a pain relief spray or something for him. You don't have to worry about him. Focus on finding the girl; I've got this."

I don't have time to argue right now. Finding Nessa is the priority. Still a bit annoyed, I can't help my expression. "Fine!" I say, storming out while she helps Sam up and makes him sit in a nearby chair.

Where is Nessa? I storm from one place to another.

While scanning the bustling masquerade hall in search of answers, a familiar figure caught my eye.