✨❄️ Home For Christmas ❄️✨

Main Tags: Fluff, one-shot, Christmas themes, domestic things, cuddling.

Requested by: The marvellous Annon on Tumblr!

Relationships and Characters: Kirishima  Eijirou / Bakugou Katsuki, Eri, Toogata Mirio, Sero Hanta, Jirou Kyouka.

AU(s): Aged-Up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

His fingers are slow to move as he scrolls through their previous messages. This had to be the spot. Right? Looking around, he makes note of the street names and the landmarks surrounding them. Everything should be correct. He patrolled the city streets and even chased down the occasional villain through the winding paths.

Snowflakes melt against the glow of the phone's cracked screen. Making a mental note to get it replaced soon, the hero quickly rubs the phone against his pant leg before pocketing it. As breath crystallizes with each puff, he watches the snow globe of a world in search of a pair of warm cinnamon eyes. Children tug their relatives' coat sleeves, desperate to show them the toys they want from Saint Nicholas. Street vendors sit patiently with rosy cheeks and smiles warm enough to combat the frigid breeze. Performers on nearly every corner participate in friendly competition for an audience and a few extra yen in their pocket. Whimsical shades of reds, greens, white, and even cheery hues of blue and yellow decorate every surface. Trees are easily mistaken for twisted candy canes. Street lights glow and illuminate the snowflakes to be mistaken for pixie dust against the harsh night sky.

But no matter where he looks, he can't find him.

With a huff, he folds his arms over his chest to block out the cold that nips at him.

"Miri! Come back here," someone calls.

A small hand tugs on his hero costume. When he finds out who it's attached to. He smiles warmly at the little girl behind him. Pink cheeks and nose are pinched by Jack Frost, but it doesn't freeze the sweet beam she gives him.

Kneeling to be eye-level, he ignores the snow that soaks his knee and sends goose flesh throughout his body even more. "Well, who might you be, kid?"

"I'm Miri Unasaka! I'm also the biggest fan of you, Mr!"

He ruffles her hair as her parents finally catch up to her. "Damn, how'd she get so fast?" the man with black hair and tired eyes grumbles. "Holy hell, Miri, don't run off like that."

"Rei! I told you to watch your words with Miri," the other man spoke. His rusty eyes didn't match the pair he was searching for.

"Cut the crap, Kazuki. It wasn't like you were any better when you stubbed your pinkie toe," Rei snaps.

Kazuki pouts as Miri laughs. "That was different..."

He scoops up Miri and hands her to Kazuki, who hugs her dearly. "Thank you! We almost lost her, and it would've broken my heart if we got into the wrong hands."

Rei nods. "Yeah, thanks."

Miri ways vigorously as they walk in the same direction as where they came from. "Bye-bye, Mr. Red!"

He chuckles. The kids are so cute, in his opinion. Their little chubby cheeks and fingers, always eager to grab something, never fail to make him grin. The impulsivity of youth would make for a lifetime of adventures, much more satisfactory compared to the hero missions he takes. Alas, he'll never be able to experience the joys of parenthood. His life is too dangerous, and he would never want to risk such trauma to a child.

"Mr. Red, huh? Should I try using that when we're on patrols, Eijirou?"

Eijirou whips around and throws his arms around the man behind him. He can recognize that voice from anywhere. Especially the soft curse that slips past his teeth when Eijirou squeezes him tight. "Katsuki! What took you so long?"