✨💋 Reading Lips 💋✨

Main Tags: Fluff, JSL, Deaf!Bakugou, confessions, Valentine's Day, studying (date), first kiss, Pining!Kirishima, two-shot

Requested by: Nobody...but was inspired by eggsdrawings on Tumblr!

Relationships and Characters: Kirishima  Eijirou / Bakugou Katsuki, Kaminari Denki, Ashido Mina

AU(s): Cannon Compliance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

His pencil scratches against his notebook, the lead marks growing bolder with each stroke. Now, he'll admit he's not much of an artist, but he only gets more proud of his work with each sketch line. It's messy, but anybody could tell the sketch looks like Bakugou.

Of course, the page is scattered with many other doodles, such as logos like a grenade and a gear, a slice of pizza, a rough self-portrait with exaggerated muscles, and random hearts. With a sigh, Eijirou examines his work, only for his face to flush a little when he realizes just how close the hearts are to the drawing of Bakugou. His head meets the desk table as he bites his lip to hold back a groan. Is he that far gone that it's starting to show in his drawings?

Eijirou's face flushes deeper when different thoughts poke into his head. He's been trying to keep them at bay, but now a sudden rush of different memories flood the forefront of his mind. He can't stop thinking about the confident glint in Bakugou's eye that shines even more through his explosions. He can't stop thinking about his uneven smirk and how his laugh is more of a cackle. He can't stop thinking about how strong Bakugou is mentally and physically. He can't stop thinking about each touch exchanged between them, wondering if some of Bakugou's more possessive grabs are from mere protective friendship or if something else lurks behind it...

The bell rings, pulling Eijirou from his thoughts. The sound is harsh enough to feel the vibrations through the soles of his shoes. Eijirou bolts up and looks around to see other students in his class begin to pack up for the day. Taking his time to grab his bag, a hand presses something against his homework before walking away. Eijirou looks up, curious about who it might be, finding the person already lost in the crowd of students leaving the classroom. He looks down to discover a pinkish-red sticky note plastered against his papers.

Bring this to tutoring or die.

—B

Eijirou grins at the note and quickly stuffs his bag with books and papers; a few pages crumple in his hurry. Kaminari strolls up to him to chat, only to be dismissed with a polite hand wave. Once he slips out of the classroom, Eijirou's head swivels, almost spinning off his neck as he searches for spiky blonde hair. In the sea of bodies, it's nearly impossible until he hears a voice complain about someone running into them. He turns around to find a student rubbing their shoulder as Bakugou keeps walking, not noticing the person he just hit.

"Bakugou!" Eijirou calls as he chases his friend down the hall. "Baku—Hey, come on! I know you can hear me!"

Contrary to his assumptions, Bakugou's hearing aids have died near the end of class and have been reading lips for the last few minutes of class time. Weaving through the crowds of students, Eijirou finally captures Bakugou's attention by placing a hand on his shoulder.

Bakugou makes a noise of irritation and shrugs off Eijirou's touch. However, the scowl softens when he realizes who the hand belongs to. "Hey," he grunts. As Bakugou speaks, he raises two fingers from one hand, bringing them to his forehead before curling both index fingers once by his chest. It took him a moment, but Eijirou eventually realized Bakugou said 'good afternoon' to him through sign language.