Part 5

A/N Sorry everyone I uploaded the wrong part. So here is the actual update

Ophelia

Four agonizing weeks go by. Over the course of those weeks Rowena and I have inevitably grown close. She's been prepping and preparing me. A part of me have been waiting for her to betray me to Anton and the other part of me thinks he's put her up to this. The more I get to know him the more I am becoming conflicted. He treats me so well and all I could think about is killing him. I would never admit that he was right. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. It was inevitable that I would start feeling something for him other than hate.

~

I hear male voices going back and forth as I approach Anton's open office door. It sounds intense. "What you're asking for is impossible. Better yet classified information they will never let a retiree have. Just give me back my daughter and I'll let you live." It's definitely dad but I've never heard him speak in that tone. He sounds... dangerous and not to mention murderous. Anton is sitting behind a huge modern glass desk with an open laptop before him conversing with my father. Anton is oddly cool and detached like someone who has nothing to lose. And he doesn't. Everything that mattered to him was ripped away as a child. I almost feel sorry. Almost.

"How much do you love your daughter? Would you give your life for hers?"

"No!" I shout.

"Ophelia is that you!" My father sounds desperate.

"Let that be a warning to you. She's alive... for now." He ends the video call. "Perfect timing my love."

I have decided to tell him the truth about the pregnancy. Maybe he'll agree to me having an abortion. If he cares for me at all. He'll do what I am asking of him and if he doesn't well that's a different story. "Anton, I'm pregnant. Given the circumstance I don't think it wise to keep it. I don't want to have this baby." He goes so still I barely see the rise and fall of his chest. There's a storm brewing within his eyes, a mixture of emotions. He doesn't even try to hide it. The man who is usually so cool and collected finally shows his anger. I finally hit a nerve. He doesn't react though for a very long time just sits there.

"Is this what you want?" My heart swells with hope.

"Yes, Anton, it is," I respond softly.

"Too bad. You're having my child."

"I was afraid you'd say that." I pull the gun out Ro gave me and hold it the way she showed me. I squeeze the trigger and watch in satisfaction as the bullet empties into his chest....

I wake with a start. Anton sleeps soundly next to me with his arms and legs wrapped tight around my frame. I carefully slip from under him and make my way to the bathroom where I remove the pregnancy test from the cabinet and then the package. What do I do if its positive? Like my dream was saying, this doesn't just change things. This changes everything. I know for a fact I'm going to be forced to keep this child.

I pee on the stick and replace the cap setting it down upon the counter near the sink. I close my eyes counting. The test is a rapid result. I open my eyes as two pink lines appear on the window. I stop breathing.

My dream was foreshadowing. I pick up the stick staring blankly at it not knowing how to react. "Are you alright?" I am startled at Anton's deep voice, dropping the pregnancy test. He steps forward picking up the stick reading the result. He says nothing for a long moment. "Were you going to tell me?" His voice is quiet and low.

"I don't know. I don't know how to feel about any of this."

He looks up from the test to me. "It's our first baby. It's completely normal."

"Nothing about this is normal. You raped me."

"Did I rape you when you begged me to fuck you from behind? Or that time you told me- and I quote, stare into my eyes, and fuck me slow," he mocks my voice in falsetto. I can't deal with him he's too much. "Is this why you and Rowena have been plotting behind my back to kill me?" He folds his arms across his chest raising a single brow. He looks so good doing that pose I must look away. His curly hair is especially glossy and those eyes... Oh my God those eyes. I swallow.

He doesn't seem in the least bit angry. "What are you talking about?"

"I have eyes and ears everywhere, Ophelia. What kind of boss would I be if I didn't know what goes on at my own compound? And here's what you're going to do..." He tells me I will continue to act according to Rowena's plan and report back to him. I will let him know immediately what she's plotting and if I refuse he will kill my father. "I suspected all along that she wasn't who she says she is, but I let her get close because why not. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer still. I suspected she was involved with an even bigger fish. I've been waiting for her to lead me to said fish."

"Why do you keep using me?"

"Why do you keep putting yourself in vulnerable positions to be used? I mean come on. You had to have seen this coming. Underestimating me is why I'm on top and you're at the bottom pregnant with my baby." He has the nerve to smile and bends to kiss my belly. "I'm so excited," he says, baritone full of wonder.

I push him away. "We're not having-

"Would it be so bad to have my child?"

"Yes. Yes, it would." His laughter lights up his whole face, setting his olive skin tone aglow. He's a beautiful man capable of both gentleness yet ruthless cruelty. I understand that in a way he is the victim and... am I trying to justify my feelings for him? Am I trying to give an excuse of why I can love him? He stops laughing to rub his fingertips across my jaw.

"When you look at me that way it makes my heart..." He doesn't have to finish sentence. I can see the emotions within his eyes. He cares for me very deeply.