Part One (The Abduction)

Six months ago...
"This shit tastes like dirty asshole," my four year old sister says spitting out the spaghetti I specially made for her. Oh, how I miss being at home from college. Not. What were my parents thinking having a oops baby when me their eldest is twenty-one?
"How do you know what dirty asshole taste like?" I deadpan, narrowing my hazel eyes.
She shrugs and smiles big her light brown eyes twinkling with mischief. God, I am never having kids. I swore them off as soon as I saw her. My mom walks in dressed in a Chanel ensemble looking prim and proper. "Thank you so much, dear, for babysitting Cecilia at such short notice." These last minute dates is how my precious (that's sarcasm) sister Cecilia got here. But I don't say none of that I just smile as my mom gives me a grateful kiss on the cheek. My mother Evalina De Devitt-Simons is French Creole and grew up in Louisiana. My grandmother Tesla was big on education and made my mother go to college where she became a pediatrician and married my father Vick Simons a business major who later launched his multi-million dollar internet company Phoenix. Now we're one of the richest black families in the U.S. Kudos to us.

Growing up I wasn't pampered or spoiled. My parents made me get a job when I was old enough on top of making me attend college courses in high school. I decided to follow in my mom's footsteps and become a doctor- well more like an OB/GYN to be exact. My parents couldn't be more proud. But I see they're not nearly as hard on Cecilia as they were on me. At four I could count to a thousand, knew my times tables, fractions and knew how to speak French not fluently but at least I didn't know curse words. "What are you making?" my mom asks her green eyes widening with interest.
I smile. "It's a Korean cuisine."
"Oh but you give me this butt tasting Italian dish." I take that back Cecilia has some smarts at four.
"What time are you guys getting home?" I ask changing the subject, ignoring the sulking four year old.
Mom raises a perfectly arched brow. "Got plans?"
"Yeah. Kirsten and I plan to go to an uptown Lounge tonight."
"Hmm... your father and I plan to get back here at ten. Is that early enough for you?"
"Yep," I smile.

Later That Night...

"... And they lived happily ever after. The End."
"Can you read me another bedtime story, Big O?" Cecilia gives me her cutest puppy look dressed in her Little Mermaid pajamas. No matter how adorable she looks I won't give in. I'm not a sucker like our daddy. He gives her anything and everything she asks for even a fucking pony. "Please."
"Nope. Now go to sleep." As I'm stepping from Cecilia's room the lights throughout my parents mansion goes out. "Oh crap." I pull out my cell and realize there are no bars.
Don't panic...
Don't panic...
I will myself to calm down. "CiCi, I'm going down stairs to see if I can get mom and dad on the house phone."
She laughs. "You're a scardy cat!"
"No I'm-
Why am I going to argue with a child? "Whatever. I'll be back." I maneuver in the dark downstairs careful not to run into objects my parents have ridiculously dispersed everywhere for decoration. I reach the phone but draw up short when a big hard body suddenly presses up against mine. A cold chill raced down my spine as I feel the cold blade of a knife at my throat.

"Listen, Ophelia. Do not scream, do not move. Your life and the life of your sister depend on how well you follow my instructions." There's a hint of an accent to that deep brogue. If we were under different circumstances I would find it attractive. All I feel now is terror and a since of such longing for life. I never wanted to live so much in my entire existence until this moment I'm faced with possible death. Never felt so protective of my sister.
"Please, don't hurt us," I whisper pathetically.
"That depends on you." I feel the blade press into my skin and whimper as I feel the warmth of my own blood slide down my neck. "Listen carefully, you're father has a safe in this house. Where is it?"
"I haven't lived here in four years and I only come home for holidays and spring break," I'm blabbering now. I hear him sigh with impatience and instantly shut up.
"So you don't know...?" I nod. "You're a beautiful girl, I hate to kill you." He just threatened to kill me and my stomach gets butterflies at the fact he thinks I'm beautiful.
I hear footsteps then another male voice heavily accented. "It's not here."
"Fuck," my attacker curses.
"What to do about the girls?"
"Take her and leave the other. Now we have leverage."
"No, you don't want to take me I'm expensive and require upkeep-
I hear chuckling and feel a slight pinch at my throat as I lose consciousness.