18 | Wonderful Life

S i m o n e

--------------------------

I gained.

Granted it was 1.8 pounds but it was enough to make me panic until I was soaking under the shower water for 40 minutes and had made no move to even wash my body.

I guess the "metabolism day" was genuinely just a day.

I had to meet Delilah in 2 hours. I planned to walk to burn some calories, which meant I had 1 and 1/2 hours.

Now 50 minutes later I was sitting in the shower.

To be the most dramatic bitch there was, I made sure to play one of my saddest playlists at near full volume on my speaker so I could properly be emotional in the shower.

One thing I noticed when I started losing weight was how easy it was to curl into myself.

It was easier to wrap my arms around my body and pull my knees to my chest.

I felt like a flower that hadn't bloomed yet. And when I reached the perfect weight I'd uncurl myself and stretch and stand and show everyone that I did it and I made it when no one else could and I was okay.

I would be better than everyone. I was the ideal.

People would be disgusted by me, sure. Sometimes seeing the hollowness of a being is unnerving.

But deep down they'd also be jealous.

I tilted my head up, letting the shower head pummel water in my face.

I was being watered.

I would lose this weight after my 2 weeks.

I'd bloom soon, I was sure of it.

I was already halfway there.

Nothing is impossible.

It took me an alarmingly long time to climb out of the shower. 30 minutes left to leave. Fortunately, I had my outfit planned out ahead of time, a white button-up, navy blue skirt, sheer black tights long white socks on top for extra warmth, a Chanel cream fur jacket, and black kitten heels from Stuart Weitzman.