30 | Dark Circles

S i m o n e

--------------------------

"Simone, my God! How was Paris? Oh, you have to tell me everything!" Ella-Rose had somehow ended up in my house.

Actually, I knew how. She called last night saying she missed me and wanted to see me and blah blah blah and then asked if she could bring breakfast the next day. I, half delirious and awoken from sleep, said yes.

Stupid of me, I know.

She showed up the next morning, ringing my doorbell at nine AM obnoxiously repetitively.

When I opened the door, I realized I had forgotten she was coming over and was shocked to see Ella-Rose, Ryu, and a box of fancy donuts and four coffees.

"Four coffees?" I wondered once we were still sitting at my kitchen counter.

"I was up all night," Ella-Rose smiled sheepishly. "It's just an extra for me."

Ryu snickered, shaking her head like she knew some secret I didn't. She probably did know something I didn't with how ghost I've been.

So here I was, a smores donut sitting before me that I cut into eight pieces and debated whether or not I wanted to eat it as I didn't know the calorie count. The coffee was thankfully black, at least she remembered.

"Paris was fine," I replied, wondering how much of the trip I should actually talk about.

How do I even begin to describe it?

Yeah, it was great. I blacked out the first two days before being tracked down by Nico. Then I blacked out again and spent the day with him before bitching him out and saying I never wanted to see him again. Oh! And then I had the best week or so of my life before having phone sex with an ex-hookup and then breaking no-contact to ask to go ice skating with him!

Not exactly the type of story you casually talk about.

"That's it? Just fine?" Ella-Rose pressed, taking a bite out of a powdered donut that left its white sprinklings on her nose. "I want details!"