Chapter 2 (Nicholas)

A/N: Just like I said in the last chapter, this chapter will be in Nicholas's point of view

I hope you enjoy!

I was sitting in my room, feeling bored. We had just finished moving all of my stuff into my new room. I didn't want to move to this town, but I was forced to live with my aunt Victoria. She isn't that great, but my parents...

It was for the best. I didn't have many friends in my old town, and I was usually the one a lot of kids talked about.

"What's up with that kid?"

"He's weird isn't he?"

"I bet he doesn't have any friends."

"Yeah, Nobody really likes him."

I put my hands over my face and groaned in frustration. Why couldn't I get these thoughts out of my head?

I was lying on my bed scrolling through my phone when I heard her call me.

"Nicholas! Come downstairs please!" she yelled. I quickly went down to see what she wanted, even though I wanted to stay in my room. "What is it?" I asked. "I don't want you sitting in your room all day. Maybe you could head over to the park, get outside for a while. It's better than sitting in the dark staring at a screen."

I hated to admit it, but she was kind of right. I grabbed my hoodie and went outside. "Okay, fine. I am going to relax at the park. Will that make you happy?" I asked, feeling very annoyed. "Yes, actually. Now get going, before it gets dark out."

I really wasn't planning on doing much. I was probably going to be sitting on my phone the entire time.

Once I got outside, I actually felt glad to be getting out of the house. I didn't exactly trust my Aunt Victoria, and I was looking forward to not dealing with her for a few hours.

She was the only other family that they could find, and she didn't exactly get along with my parents before...

I began walking over to the park. I was looking at what people from my old school were talking about online when I bumped into someone. "Oh! Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I looked up and saw a boy with brown hair and bright green eyes who looked to be the same age as me. "You don't have to apologize. I wasn't paying attention either." He took a closer look at my face. "Wait, I've never seen you before. Are you new here?" He asked. "Yes, actually. I moved here a few days ago. My name is Nicholas, but you can call me Nick."

"I'm Wilbur." He looked at his phone. "I should get going. See you around!" He said as he walked off. "That was weird." I shrugged it off and continued to make my way to the park. It wasn't too far off, so I didn't have any trouble. When I got there, I noticed that there were a lot of people there. Plenty of children were goofing around while the adults watched. Some were jogging, others were just walking their pets.

There was also a small pond with some lily pads in it. A couple of people were fishing.

There was a sign that told people to not litter, you could only catch and release when fishing, and to watch out for turtles while fishing.

"Wow. This place doesn't seem that bad." I thought to myself. "Maybe I can come here to relax every once in a while."

I walked around the pond and sat down in a spot of grass where nobody else was. It actually felt relaxing.

I had been sitting there on my phone for a little while when I noticed Wilbur walking into the park. "I didn't know he was going to the same place as me. I wonder what he's doing." I thought.

"Eh, it doesn't matter." I said as I laid back down.

I tried to fully relax, but my body was still tense, like someone was going to attack me at any minute. "Ugh, why can't I relax?" I said, pressing my forehead against the palms of my hands. "I should be able to!"