Chapter 5

I finished eating lunch and began to head over to the park. It was still hard to keep my powers under control, even though the outbursts had been kept to a minimum. I had gotten my art project mostly done, and didn't have anything else that I needed to finish at the moment. This was the more important thing to focus on right now.

I arrived at the park to see Nicholas wasn't there yet. I sat down against the tree and pulled out my sketchbook. It was my personal one that I've never shown to anyone. Mostly I just sketch trees, flowers and other plants and animals that I can find. I'm not entirely sure about drawing anything else.

A few minutes later, I hear leaves rustling. I turn around and see Nicholas walking into the clearing. "Hi Nicholas." I said, putting the sketchbook back into my bag. I didn't just show my drawings to anyone.

"Hey." He responded. He looked down at the ground. "Um... there are flowers growing next to your legs."

I looked at my legs and sure enough, there were flowers growing around them. "Huh. That's new." I picked one off of the ground and looked at it. It was the exact same color and Nicholas's red flannel. How strange.

"Mmm. These are very pretty."

"You're weird." Nicholas said, sitting down. "Hey, I like being weird." I said back to him. "Whatever." He sat down across from me. "I guess that's my proof to you." I said. "So, how about we get this thing sorted and decide on what we're going to do about this?"

"Sure."

We figured out when we would meet. We would meet on Wednesdays to practice since that was when we both were available after school. I had pulled out a notebook filled with the different types of powers I had used and when I had used them. I had also written down what thoughts had activated them, if I could remember what those were.

"Wow, you're very organized aren't you?" Nick said, teasing me. "I am, actually." I replied. "That's the reason why I have such good grades."

"Bragging about your grades, now are we?" We talked for a few more minutes until we didn't want to waste any more time.

"Alright, let's get started." He said. "Try using a specific power." I thought about what to do for a minute before deciding to just make a small patch of grass grow. It wouldn't be that hard, right?

I ripped some of the grass out of the ground and placed my hands down on the soft dirt. I closed my eyes and started gathering a mental image of grass growing in a large forest. I imagined animals, eating the grass. Birds, up in the trees, sitting in nests made up of grass and twigs.

When I opened my eyes, nothing had happened. I grew worried. "Was I not thinking hard enough? What did I do wrong?"

"I'm sure it's fine." Nicholas reassured me. "You'll figure out these powers soon enough. Just try again." I wasn't feeling very reassured. I could tell that Nicholas wasn't sure how to handle any of this at all.

I needed to figure out how to control these powers or else people would know something was going on. I especially didn't want my parents finding out. I'm not even sure how they would react.

After about thirty minutes of trying and failing, Nicholas's encouragement, and thinking about grass, I was still unable to grow just the tiniest amount of grass. "How about we try one last time?" Nicholas suggested. I was feeling pretty exhausted by now, and I didn't want to keep working.

"I can't do this. I've been trying for over half an hour now! Nothing is happening!" I exclaimed. "I think we should do this another time."

Nicholas began thinking. "Maybe that's why your powers aren't working." I was confused. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"You don't believe you can use your powers correctly. Maybe if you start believing that you can, you might be able to use your powers again." He explained. He was right. I didn't believe I could use my powers after having no luck getting them to work. But I was also a little skeptical. I mean, getting my powers to work by just believing in myself? That stuff only happens in movies.

But still, I figured it was worth a shot.

After managing to convince myself that I might actually be able to use my powers, I was ready to try again. I closed my eyes and placed my hands on the dirt once again. I concentrated with all my might, and focused on trying to make the grass grow. I knew that I was going to get this to work this time.

I found myself floating in space again. "Why am I here? I'm not dreaming!" I yelled. Suddenly, a bright light appeared in front of me, and I saw the Mother of light again.

"You are here because you are figuring things out very quickly, and for that I am proud of you." She said. "Wait, I'm doing this correctly?" I asked. "Indeed you are. And you seem to be getting along nicely with that friend of yours. What's his name again? Oh, Nicholas, yes. Anyways, I won't keep you here any longer. Bye for now!" She disappeared.

I woke up again, breathing heavily. "You did it! You finally made that grass grow!" Nicholas exclaimed. I looked down and sure enough, there was grass in-between my fingers.

"How long was I out?" I asked. I wasn't sure if he had noticed anything. "Um... you had your eyes closed for about... ten seconds? I'm not sure, I wasn't paying attention." He told me. Of course he wasn't paying attention. But then again I didn't know this would happen anyways. Would she congratulate me every time I figured something out or got something right? At least I would know I was doing things correctly.

We began walking towards the entrance of the park. "I'd consider today a success!" Nicholas exclaimed. "You managed to use your magic," He whispered so others couldn't hear, "And I think that's pretty good."

Cue the flowers again. I jumped up when I noticed them and they stopped growing. I looked around, and nobody seemed to notice. "Phew! No one saw that." I was relieved.

I picked a couple of them off of the ground. They all looked pretty. Some of them even had multiple colors. "So cool..." I thought to myself.

"Those flowers seem to have a mind of their own." Nicholas teased. "Yeah, I guess."

A/N: Yippee another chapter done

I have no motivation for anything rn

I have 2 different stories that have like 1 chapter

I promise I will update the other story if I can

The problem is that one of the stories that I have is also soulmates but different and more fantasy

Let me know if you want to see that in the future

Whelp tme to explode again WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Explodes*