Chapter 4

I was sitting in my room when I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text from Wilbur.

"Meet me at the park at midnight. It's urgent."

I was confused. I wondered what was wrong. "Why would he want to meet me in the park at midnight? What would be so bad that it can't wait until tomorrow?" And why couldn't we meet at his house? I felt very confused. Why would he text me something like this when we've only just met a few days ago?

Later, when it was close to midnight I snuck downstairs and out the door. I walked towards the park, looking at the moon. It looked so beautiful. I used to love nights like these, being able to go outside and look up at the stars. I missed that. Maybe I should look at the stars more often.

When I arrived at the park, I snuck over the fence. I was trying to think of where Wilbur could be when I saw a light. "He has a flashlight, great." I thought. I walked over to see that he was using his phone as a flashlight. "Why did you ask me to come here?" I asked. "I'll explain in a minute. Follow me through the woods."

I followed him without saying a word, even though I felt very uneasy. I needed to know what exactly was going on. What if he was crazy? What if he's going to kill me out here?!

I decided to push those thoughts away and trust him for a few minutes. If he was going to attack me, I could just defend myself. But we all know how that went last time...

We walked through the woods, the small light being our guide. This must've been where he went when I saw him the last time I was here. A few minutes later, we arrived at a small clearing in the woods. I looked around. This place was very secluded, and it felt like where a serial killer would bring you to die.

"Please tell me what is going on! Why did you want to meet me in the middle of the woods? Are you going to kill me? I have so many questions." I was very overwhelmed with what was going on. "Don't worry, I am going to tell you everything." He paused for a quick second, obviously trying to work up the courage to say what he wanted to. "I have magic powers." There was an awkward silence. "Why would you tell me?!" I shouted. "We just met like, three days ago!" I also didn't think that he was telling the truth.

"I know, I know. You were the only person I could think of at the time. I was just panicking." Wilbur said.

"Wait, so you don't have control over these powers?" I asked. Is that why he's freaking out? "Yes! It has nothing to do with my emotions. More like my thoughts." He said. "So if you think about something, it will happen?" I questioned. "Yes. Most of the time, it's not even on purpose. I somehow managed to spray water onto myself. That was not fun to explain to the teacher." Wilbur said, not looking very happy. He pressed his back against a tree and slid down. I sat down on the cool, soft grass. "So you want me to help you learn to control your powers?" I asked. "Yes."

"But I don't know how any of this works! How can I help you if I don't know how to do anything? I don't even know if you're telling the truth!" I exclaimed. "I guess we can figure this out together?" He said, sheepishly. That was it. I didn't want to hear any more of this bullshit.

"Okay, you're crazy. I'm not helping you. You can figure this out yourself." I began to walk away. He stood up. "Wait! I can do something in return! A favor, maybe?" He said, pleading. Dammit. Why did he have to be so convincing? "Ugh, fine. I'll help you. But only if you can prove to me that you actually have magic powers." I said, still feeling very annoyed.

"Great! Thank you! I just need you to promise me one thing." He said. "And what is that?" I asked. "You need to promise that you'll never tell ANYONE about this. I really don't need people finding out so that I get locked in some sort of containment because I get known as dangerous and people think I'm going to kill everyone." He said in a very serious tone. "Alright, I won't tell anyone." I promised. "Great. Can you stay a bit longer to help me for a little bit?"

"What? No! I'm exhausted! I'm not staying here for another hour or two!"

"Oh, right. I guess you can go home. I promise to show you the next time we meet up." Wilbur said.

***

The rest of the week was very weird. I was very tired after not getting much sleep that night. Wilbur texted me and we figured out when we were going to talk about this. We were going to be able to meet again on Saturday to figure more things out. Meeting in the middle of the night doesn't exactly give you time to work out your schedule. I was still kind of mad at him, but maybe if he could actually show me these "Magic powers" I would trust him more.

Friday night, I sat down with my aunt for dinner. She was on her phone basically the entire time, and didn't pay much attention to me.

I went up to my room afterwards to think about everything. Was Wilbur being serious or was he just playing some kind of prank on me?

I was really hoping it was the first option because I was not looking forward to being bullied after maybe making a friend because I had never really had one before. I didn't want this to be a joke that a lot of people were in on and they would just make fun of me afterwards.

The next day I began making my way over to the park. I got there to see that Wilbur was already there.

"Hi Nick."

"Hey."

A/: Wowee aother chapter

I forgor

I wanted to post this yesterday but I didn't so

anyways I'm gonna explode once again

hope u enjoyed

I feel so tired rn...