Chapter 4: A Bitter Spree

—Ten Minutes Later...—            

          "Alright, if I'm correct there should be a Spencer's store here somewhere... Let's check the map!" Madison said as she went to a left.

"Madison we can go to another store if you'd like! We aren't here for just buying stuff for me! We are here to buy for the two of us and to hang out!" I said as I smiled.

"Hmm... Well ok. How about we go into that store?" She pointed to a store that said 'HotTopic'.

"Yeah sure, they usually have good things."

We walked into the store as we were surprised to see a lot of people.

"Hi there! Welcome to HotTopic! Do you two need to find anything?"

"Oh we're just looking around for now, thank you though." I said as I waved a hello, before taking a sip of my drink.

"Y/N look!" She said in a happy tone as she showed me a plush toy having to look like Winnie the Pooh.

"Oh that's cute actually not gonna lie." Madison would hand me the plush toy, as I felt how soft the plush was, the beady eyes that shone when there was light and that small smile it had.

"I'm definitely going to buy this!" Madison said as she walked around the store still, me still trailing behind. Before I saw what Madison grabbed, I saw something that caught my interest...

"Oh... A small diary book..." The Diary I was looking at had a somewhat venust style to it, having a beautiful leathered cover with a rose patch on it and a locket-like key to it, I grabbed it as I felt the cover, having to be the only one on stock.

"Maybe I could buy this for when I write about my years in college... maybe to even draw in it if I want to..."

"Y/N are you coming?" Madison said as she sung it in a hearty tone.

"Oh! Yeah I was just looking at something!" I said to her as I caught up.

"Look! They got some hoodies here! I think you like hoodies correct?" She said as she showed me one with a band on it, which was The Rolling Stones.

"Oh yeah, I actually do! Maybe I can find one here!" I went through some of the hoodies as I found some in my interest, taking them in my arm as we went through each area, until finally getting to check out.

"Hello there! Find everything alright?"

"Yes sir, we did." Madison said as we put our stuff together on the counter. Madison got the plush from earlier, some clothes, and some gloves, I on the other hand the diary, some clothes, and a pencil case.

"Are you going to pay together or full?" The employee asked as he scanned each item.

"I will-" I interrupted Madison as she raised an eyebrow, a bit confused.

"Madison no, it's ok, we can pay half and half so we both get enough for other stores we're going to. Besides this is our first time together out." Madison thought for a moment as the employee finished scanning.

"Hmm... Alrighty then! We're paying together half and half!" Madison said as she took out her wallet, I doing the same as the employee nodded.

"It'll be $93.57 in total!" The employee said as he put the item in two bags. Madison nodded as she handed a fifty dollar bill, I doing the same as I handed two twenties and a ten.  For some reason I couldn't help but feel watched again, knowing the fact that I know those three were here in the mall somewhere...

"Alright, $16.43 is your change, have a good day you two and stay safe!"

"Thank you kind sir! Now let us go to another place!" Madison nodded as she took the bags and handed me one, I accepted as I took the bag and followed behind, trailing where she went.