Chapter 20: Savior of the Surviving (O1)

Few minutes ago...

—————————————————————————

"Well... That all depends on you Miss Y/N. Choose one choice or neither..."

"Uhm... uh..."

"Choose wisely now... If you do one or the other this will change the future currently. And you only have three full chances on this."

"I..." I finally had my answer in mind as I finally told him.

"I... I choose to save the survivors."

"Good choice dear Y/N. Now... I'm going to give you instructions on what you need to do, and it is quite a bit... However, interference will cause you the right time to come."

"That's it?"

"No, just listen. The first one on the list is to get you and a couple of others to that survivor base, where you will be in the right moment, but you'll need an excuse."

"Ok..."

"The next one, you will have to locate where the hoard is coming from, that way you can lead most of the survivors away from the hoard."

"And you won't tell me that will you?"

"Absolutely not. You'll spot it soon."

"Ok... What's next?"

"You'll meet face to face with some new faces, but they will have distrust towards you, do not make yourself look weak."

"And you won't tell me who that is too, right?"

"You've seen them before, but not clear enough."

"O h ." Mr. New simply went back to sit down and read whatever he was reading.

"Something else is troubling you isn't it?"

"Yeah actually... Say... About that book, did you-"

"No, that wasn't me, but I did help in some way. That was someone else, another faction that is able to use words without using any voice box. I simply told one of them to make a book and leave it where needed, in which you walked in as soon as they did leave it."

"I wonder who..."

"You'll see eventually. And I had finally found out why these alternatives keep appearing-"

"You mean like the Drillmen?"

"Yes, but I'm not saying anything until the right place at the right time."

"Aww man... ok..." I simply sat where I was, crossing my legs as I was trying to get comfy.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"What's your last question?"