37: Undertale

Chara...POV_________________

It's been a while since we visited the World of the Creators and Christmas is almost here.

Y/N and I were at home, since it was our day off, when he suddenly pulled out a Phone and started scrolling through it.

"What are you doing?" I asked intrigued, as he smirked.

"I connected this Phone to the Network in my original World. For now, I'm looking through the Wiki pages of some newly created AUs." He showed me the screen.

"Icebound?"

"Yep. Basically, the Monsters created three artificial souls. Two of them were destroyed, but one remained. The soul of Frost, Glacialys." He explained, showing me some pictures.

"Said soul sealed the Underground into eternal Winter, wiping out 75% of the population in the process." He continued.

"That's..... an interesting situation." I muttered as he stood up excited.

"I have an idea. Do you want to play Undertale?" He asked and I nodded immediately.

Next second, some kind of console appeared next to the TV. He passed me a controller and started up the game.

After going through the intro, I started to get accustomed to the controls.

"Hmm.... It's all... pixelated?"

"Yup. That made it a lot easier for the comunity to make their own fangames." He explained as I got to a section with a talking flower.

"Is that their version of Boogie? It looks just like a Buttercup...." I said as the Flower started talking.

Y/N...POV_________________

Heh. If only she knew.

After that, Chara journeyed through the Underground for a few hours, sparing every Monster in sight.

She was surprised by the swapped personalities and jobs her friends had, although some things about them were still the same.

Eventually, she got to the Barrier. Along the way, she was a bit uncomfortable whenever she died, since it was in a way resetting the Timeline, but she didn't let it bother her too much.

Like usual, Flowey appeared and took everyone hostage.

"How's the King not dying? Doesn't he only have 1 HP in Undertale?" She asked, causing me to chuckle.

"That's one of the unresolved mysteries of Undertale, I suppose." I shrugged, taking a sip from some hot cocoa, I created along the way.

I then opened a portal and took out a few cookies.

"Cookie?" I offered and she just nodded, not looking away from the game.

Giggling, I fed her the cookie.

"Where do you keep getting these amazing cookies?" She asked as I grinned.

"William."

"WHAT?"

"Well, he steals them from Epictale, so it's alright. Besides, it's always funny to see his reaction." I said in my defence before I ate the cookie.

Then, Azzy burst through the door and walked over to us.

Perfect timing.

"Howdy. What's that?" He greeted and asked, pointing at the TV.

"Undertale. Cmon' take a seat. You're gonna want to watch this part." I said, confusing both of them.