Chapter 5: Bully Magnets and New Friendships

I stood over them as they lay on my floor. They didn't even seem to notice me, or even care that I was watching.

Apparently, when mom had added stuff to my room, it was all an act. She and dad were just going to use it as another place to have sex. I glared at them silently for a few seconds longer before I walked outside. How could they do this? My life is like a roller-coaster, filled with many downs and ups.

I took a deep breath and walked into my back yard. It was almost midnight. I began walking toward the beach, when a voice came from behind me.

"Hey Pure!" Christian jogged up beside me.

"Oh. Hi Christian. " I said, I knew sadness was written all over my face but in all honesty I came out here to be alone and think over my life.

"You doing alright?" He asked, walking beside me in the darkness. I could never figure out why he was being so nice to me.

"Yeah." There I go again with my one-worded shut down answers.

"How was your day? Do you like the new school? Are people treating you well, because if they're not, I swear I'll. . ." He began, but I cut him off.

"Thanks for caring," I started laughing at the determination on his gorgeous face. His brown eyes made the world fade away. "Yeah, everything's great."

"Yeah, how about at home? I saw you leave your house and you looked pretty upset." He said, rubbing the back of his neck, sounding unsure.

"I'm fine." I stated, not meaning to add the harshness to my voice.

"Princess, your crying." He whispered. I hadn't realized I was in his arms until the strong scent of cologne hit me. Nobody had ever called me princess before. I shut my eyes and allowed myself this one vulnerable moment. Just this one.

"I'm fine cowboy." I smiled, pulling away. He had a confused look on his gorgeously structured face. Yeah, my jokes do suck.

"Hey, look, there's the library, do you want to go?" He asked, the scratchiness of his voice sounded like he'd just woke up, it was so sexy. Oh my gracious, how could I let myself fall for any of this? What if he's tricking me like Mike from my old school?

The memory hit me like a brick to the forehead.

"Pure, I really like you," Mike smirked, his cocky smirk as he grabbed my hand.

We were hanging out in the library like usual. I never understood why he'd choose to hang out with me rather than the hoards of people that were his friends.

"I like you too." I smiled, a shy smile as he hugged me.

"I like studying with you too." He whispered, leaning closer.

"Me too." I shut my eyes, preparing for my first kiss.

Nothing happened.

A bright flash from his phone told me he'd taken a picture of me.

That week, I stayed home. And when I'd finally come back, he had found himself a girlfriend.

It crushed my heart.

But I got over it. Life was too short to be sad.

"Hello?" Christian waved his hand in front of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I keep doing that to you. You're just such a sweet guy and I don't want to keep ignoring you. Honestly, I think it would be better of you stick with your popular crowd and let me be a loner, I'm used to it really." I had no idea why I was saying this to him and I felt so bad for telling him this. Then I took off, I started running. I turned around once to see a confused look on his face but kept running.